20. Not important

"Oh my god this one is so cute." Jin gushed holding up the little onesie.

Namjoon and Jin has decided they would help Yoongi buy some things for the baby since they knew he couldn't afford some things she would need.

Yoongi glanced over from the teddy bear he was looking at to see the blue outfit Jin was holding up. He gave a tight lip smile. "Yeah it is. I'll get it some other time."

_

Yoongi was ashamed. He didn't want to have his brother and brother-in-law to have to buy his daughter things. He should be able to provide for her on his own but he couldn't. The only reason he accepted Namjoon and Jin's help was because he really needed to buy things like a crib and changing table. His parents couldn't afford to help him with everything, he didn't expect them to either. They had their own bills and expenses to worry about.

He needed a job desperately but he wanted to wait until basketball season was over. He had to have a good season so recruiters would at least consider to give him a scholarship. At this point he didn't think it would happen seeing as they only had a couple more games left and he hasn't heard back from any college.

_

"Nonsense we'll get it today." Namjoon said . Yoongi didn't dare to protest because after all he would need the outfit.

Jin smiled at his husband throwing the little fabric into the basket. "Ok now what do you have already?"

Yoongi couldn't help but feel pity for himself when he answered. "Nothing."

The couple didn't give him a pitiful look like Yoongi had expected instead they smiled at the teenager. "Okay well let's start off with the crib since we're here anyways."

Yoongi felt so uncomfortable as he browsed through the cribs. There were so many, all being very expensive.

"See one you like?" Namjoon asked following behind the younger. Yoongi shook his head.

His cheeks were a bright scarlet as he said "are there any other stores we could go to?" He rubbed the back of his neck.

Jin looked at his brother with furrowed eyebrows. "What? Why? This place has the most gorgeous baby furniture. Do you not like any of it?"

"I-It's just that's it's," He got redder than he thought was possible "all really expensive. I'd never be able to pay you back."

Namjoon looked down at the teenager, his head tilted to the side. "Yoon you don't have to pay us back."

"Consider this a gift for our niece." Jin added.

"B-but you guys work so hard for your money. It wouldn't be right of me-"

"Yoongi," Jin cut him off "please just accept our help."

Yoongi glanced between Namjoon and Jin before finally nodding.

__

"So," Jin started taking a mouth full of food. "Has Jimin changed his mind yet?"

Yoongi rolled his eyes. Like everyone in his life, Jin was convinced Jimin would change his mind about being in his daughter's life.

He didn't blame them. He himself thought Jimin would ,but they were only a month away from the little girl arriving and Jimin hadn't shown or said anything about changing his mind.

"Don't roll your eyes. Trust me he'll change his mind."

"I wish." He whispered. "I mean it would be amazing. She would have both parents."

Yoongi smiles to himself. He could picture the three of them together. A family.

"Yoon?" Namjoon called out noticing the spaced out boy, the love struck look on his face. "Have you tried talking to him about it?"

Yoongi shook his head. "There's no point."

"You don't know that!" Jin exclaimed. "Maybe Jimin's just scared. You need to talk to him. Let him know you guys are a team. When it gets hard you'll both have each other to get through it. I don't think he realizes it. Talk to him and I bet you he'll at least reconsider."

"You think so?" Yoongi asked almost shyly.

"I know so."

__

That afternoon Yoongi was determined to convince Jimin it was in the best interest for all them for him to stay. He would tell him all things they would all do together.

How they will watch their daughter grow together.

By the time he reached the bedroom door Yoongi had even convinced himself to confess to the younger.

He took a deep breath before opening the door. "I need to talk to you." He blurted out only to pause when he saw Jimin crying with his phone pressed against his ear.

"I love you too, bye mom." He watched as the younger ran his shaking fingers throw his hair.

Mom? Jimin hadn't spoken to either of his parents since they kicked him out. They hadn't wanted anything with the pregnant boy so why was she calling him.

"What'd your mom want?"

Jimin smiles wiping his tears. "T-they're letting me move back home once the baby is born."

Yoongi felt his heart sink. "Huh?"

Jimin let out a breathy laugh. "Once the baby is born and you take her they're gonna let me live at home again."

Yoongi said nothing. He could feel his throat tightening.

"Sorry, you wanted to tell me something." Jimin said.

"W-what?"

"You said you wanted to talk to me?" Jimin gave him one of his smiles. The smile that usually made Yoongi's heart beat wildly but this time it was different. This time it only made his heart ache.

"Oh um it's not important."

____________________________________