Chapter Seven: Trouble Up Ahead

You and Ichigo rushed at each other before your swords clashed, sparks flew from the force coming from them before you leaped back away from the new Shinigami. He gripped his sword tightly before running at you once again, while you held Yamato firmly so it wouldn't get knocked out of your hand.

It had been about three weeks since you had gotten a job and you had been working for a few days, but due to all the hollow attacks and one occurring near the bar it was damaged and would need to be repaired. 

So you were now going around helping Ichigo with the hollows as Rukia had asked you to, but you were also on the look out for Renji and Byakuya, there was no telling when those two would come back. And now that you knew who they were coming for, you were on even more alert with trying to sense and pinpoint Reiatsu or whatever it was called.

It felt almost like your power so it wasn't hard to pick up, especially with going around with Ichigo majority of the time. In fact, when you and Ichigo weren't doing anything the two of you were training in a wooded area so no one would get hurt. Also you were doing this to toughen the orange-haired teen up as well.

You landed on the ground and watched as Ichigo came flying at you with his sword before you disappeared from his sight. You had been doing this over and over again for the past 40 minutes in an attempt to try to enhance Ichigo's reflexes and other hidden abilities. 

Your Thoughts: I wonder what's the name of his Zanpakuto? Rukia told me about them and that they have names, Renji's is Zabimaru, Byakuya is Senbonzakura, and Rukia's being Sode no Shirayuki..... Wonder would Yamato be considered a Zanpakuto for--

Ichigo: TAKE THIS!!!

You looked up to see Ichigo coming down, sheathing Yamato, you quickly summoned Beowulf before dodging the substitute before delivering a couple of quick and lightning fast jabs to his face and finishing with an uppercut. 

This launched Ichigo into the sky, but you noticed he recovered and flew towards you once again, you smirked seeing how quick he was able to recover, quite impressive in your eyes. But you noticed his eyes were glowing blue for some reason and you could feel his Reiatsu suddenly skyrocket up.

Ichigo brought his sword down upon you but you quickly moved out of the way just as his sword came down, but the impact of the attack destroyed a multitude of trees and debris much to your amazement.

Your Thoughts: If I had let that hit me, that would have probably sliced me in half, this kid has some potential that needs to be tapped into, and just fighting me isn't going to help him do so.

Ichigo: Dammit, I was confident that I would land something that time.

Y/N: Hmm... Hey Strawberry how exactly did you do that?

Ichigo: Huh... Do what?

You pointed your thumb behind you to show him the amount of damage he had caused from his last sword swing, that was way more powerful than the last ones he dished out at you. Seems as though the more experience he got with that giant meat cleaver of his, the more power he would be able to draw out. You then thought about it remembering the names of Zanpakuto for a moment and decided to ask.

Y/N: Hey, does your sword have a name?

Ichigo looked puzzled from this now.

Ichigo: What the hell are you talking about, why would my sword have a name?

Y/N: I..... Never mind forget about what I said earlier, let's just keep going.

Your Thoughts: So he doesn't know the name of his Zanpakuto yet, but when he does I wonder what kind of power he'll be able to dish out.