6

"Just why should I take Faline to the pack?" Lucius says to the man on the phone.

"Lucius, I have no doubt that you mean well, but she's a wolf and needs to be around other wolves. There are things that she needs to learn..." The man tries to reason with Lucius. He hadn't thought Lucius had been serious when he said he was taking in the girl. He thought Lucius would have dropped her off within the month. It's been a year already.

Lucius scoffs, "What does she need to learn?"

"She needs to be prepared for when  her wolf presents for the first time. The pain is incredible and she's going to be scared if she isn't prepared for it. Then of course there's her heat."

"What about her heat?" Lucius demands.

"If she is unmated by her first heat and doesn't have sex then it could kill her. These are things she needs to know." The man is irritated that Lucius is being so stubborn about this.

The man couldn't tell that his words have any effect, but Lucius tenses up. His Faline could die if she doesn't have sex when she goes into heat.

"I will take her to the pack to be taught, but she remains with me. She is mine, Warwick, stop trying to take her away from me. She doesn't feel safe with the packs and wants to stay with me." Lucius growls out, a growl worthy of the wolf he's talking to.

"How do you know? Have you even asked her?" Warwick demands.

"Yes, the very first day she came and several times since. The last time was just this morning. She doesn't trust you to keep her safe. She doesn't trust male wolves period.

"How old will she be when her wolf first presents?" Lucius demands to know. He needs to know how long he has to prepare before he likely will lose her.

"Since we don't know if she is of alpha blood, it could be anywhere from fourteen to eighteen. Then her first heat will take her within a year after."

"If she goes into heat at fourteen or fifteen there's no way in hell I'm letting her have sex. There must be an alternative to that."

"She'll need to be held by a male she trusts. The heat makes it very hard for wolves to keep control." Warwick hesitantly tells the terrifying vampire.

"But that's the thing, Warwick, she doesn't trust any werewolf, but most especially not the males. Hell, she doesn't trust anyone." Lucius runs his hands through his hair. He's not going to lose his Faline, somehow he'll have to come up with an alternative for her.

"She trusts you, Lucius. At least that's what you say."

Lucius becomes very angry, "She does trust me. I'll take Faline to the pack tomorrow and you'll see for yourself what I mean. Better call and let them know that I'm coming, they didn't like it when I showed up unannounced last time." Lucius lets the satisfaction he feels with that seep into his voice.

He'd taken Faline to the pack to have their doctor check her out. As he suspected his blood had fully healed her and she was fine. But he had, had to make sure of that for her sake. The wolves hadn't liked him being there and liked even less that he had one of theirs with him.

He hadn't liked the mutterings he heard from them about Faline.

"And tell them that if I hear any of that shit I heard last time that there will be some deaths. There is no need to insult Faline. An insult to her is an insult to me." Lucius purrs out.

Warwick is sick inside, he had no idea that they'd insulted the young girl. "They insulted Faline?"

"Yes, and it better not happen again." Lucius hadn't liked the look Faline had when she heard the whisperings and mutterings.

"Faline is stronger and better than any of them. She survived worse beatings than the other slaves who were older. I won't have her belittled by those who have no idea of the pain she suffered. If I hear it again I'll teach them first hand what she went through. Is that clear?"

"Yes, I had no idea they dared do that. I'll definitely talk to them about that." Warwick swallows hard, that pack is a good pack and a strong one. He doesn't want anything to happen to it due to stupidity.

Warwick makes the call to the pack and warns them about Lucius's arrival the next day and then gives the alpha the message Lucius gave. The alpha assures Warwick that his people will be on their best behavior.

As soon as he's off the phone with Warwick he calls an emergency pack meeting.

Once everyone gathers he begins, "Make sure that everyone receives this message, those that aren't here need to be informed. Lord Lucius is coming tomorrow with his ward Faline. There are to be no insults or bad talking about either of them. Last time both he and his ward heard what was said and because Faline was with him he didn't do anything about it. This time he will. Faline has suffered more than any of you in this room and survived. She escaped from rogues that have killed an unknown amount before her. She met and survived Lord Lucius. She was whipped, beaten, kicked, clawed and bitten and many of her bones broken and still she survived. Lucius plans on doing to any that insult her exactly what was done to her so you will know what she suffered. Don't insult her again."

The alpha pulls his wife to the side and talks softly to her. "She needs to be taught about being a wolf and more especially what it will mean to be a female wolf. She doesn't trust any wolf, but from what I understand won't go near male wolves at all. Will you and the other females talk to her and work with her?"

The luna smiles sadly. She can't imagine what Faline has suffered. She nods, "She needs to get over her distrust of male wolves. Once her heat hits she'll need to be with one she can trust."

The alpha sighs, "I've seen distrust caused by abuse before. It might not be possible. When she goes into heat it's very possible that she'll die. Make sure she understands all about that part of being a female wolf. Her life is on the line and I don't think Lord Lucius will forgive us if she isn't told how to survive."

The luna responds, "He's even more possessive than a male wolf is towards it's mate. He's not going to like having Faline be with someone sexually. I hope her mate is strong enough to handle Lucius."

They look at each other and nod before going about the business of the pack. They just hope that Faline isn't from the alpha line which presents itself earlier in life.