7

Faline faces Lucius, "What do you mean I have to go to the pack tomorrow?" She looks at him and he can see the tears pooling in her eyes.

"I'm a vampire, a male one at that. The females of the pack are going to talk to you about being a female wolf. They'll answer all your questions. Then you'll need to train with the wolves your age."

"I already train with you. Why do I have to train with them too?" Lucius hates doing this to her. He can hear the betrayal in her voice. He goes up to her.

"I'm not leaving you there. I'll be there the whole time. Hell, I'll be in the same room unless they kick me out. You're mine and until you decide you want to leave me, you're staying. Understand?" Lucius demands kneeling in front of her and holding her to him.

"There are things they need to tell you, things you need to know as a werewolf that I don't know. Things like what you need to be aware of for when your wolf first presents. How to control your wolf. And what happens when you go into heat.

"As for the other training, you need to learn to fight like a wolf. I'm teaching and will continue teaching you how to fight like a vampire. Also, I'm thinking it wouldn't hurt for you to take lessons from humans, one of the martial arts. You'll train with me twice a week, the humans three times a week and the wolves on Saturday. Sunday will be our day just the two of us, okay?" Lucius asks softly.

"They're mean to me, Lucius. I don't want to go."

"I know. I warned them that there better not be a repeat of that again. You tell me if they insult you or hurt you again, alright?" Lucius says pulling back and just running his hands over her hair.

"Okay, but I think it's a waste of time." Faline says pouting more than a little.

"I know, but it really is important. Come on, we have some lessons to get to."

Lucius  has been running with her, holding back so that she can keep up, but slowly increasing her speed. Perhaps she'll never have vampire speed, but it'll be as close as possible.

They go for a run. This is the part of the day they both look forward to. For Lucius it's the time he can relax and unwind from the stress of being a businessman. For Faline it's time she gets to spend with the only person she trusts. Just the two of them.

Lucius is also teaching her about the stars, not just the constellations but the science as well. He's also teaching her how to find her way by them, should it ever become necessary, if she were ever in a place she didn't know.

Then they finish off the lessons with him teaching her how to defend herself. He's also teaching her how to kill vampires. He doesn't want her helpless should one of his kind come after her.

"Lucius, I don't want to go tomorrow, but I will. Promise you won't leave me there?" Faline asks him as they go up to her room.

"I promise, Faline. I won't leave pack territory without you. You are mine to take care of, I'm only taking you there because that's part of my taking care of you. There are questions you'll have that they can answer. Not just about being a wolf, but about being a female. The only females I've ever really been around have been servants. Not even my mother, so when it comes to female things, I really have even less of a clue than when you ask about wolf things."

Lucius had decided that perhaps these weekly trips to deal with her wolf heritage aren't going to be so bad after all. That is if the pack can keep their insults to themselves. Calling Faline a vampire whore, just because he took her in will get them killed.

That was just one of the insults he and Faline had heard last time. Perhaps the least offensive at that. He will not tolerate Faline being insulted by ignorant asses that call themselves wolves. He has no trouble with the idea of teaching those mutts a few lessons.

Lucius smiles wickedly, they will be finding out that Faline won't be easy to take down once she starts training with them. He'll watch their training moves and techniques and incorporate them in the training he does with her. It'll make it easier to take down and kill the dogs anyway.

He chuckles to himself. Tomorrow is going to be a long day. But the jury is out on who it's going to be longer for, the mutts or them. His money is it will be longer for the mutts.

"Faline, come with us," Lia luna of the pack says gently separating Faline from Lucius.

Faline gets a wild look in her eyes, "No! Lucius comes with us or I won't go with you."

Lucius hides his amusement as the ladies turn their gazes to him. "Hey, I told her I'd stay with her unless I wasn't allowed in the room. This is her choice not mine." Lucius says holding up his hands in surrender.

Lia smirks, "Very well, you are welcome to join us, but we will be talking about female things. Most males aren't comfortable around that."

Lucius snorts, "Don't worry about me." Lucius silently follows the women as they guide Faline to an empty room and start teaching her about being a female wolf. These are things her mother would have taught her just by being around her had she not been killed.

Lucius takes in the information. All knowledge about a potential enemy is good. Also, he needs to know in case Faline forgets.

After some time there's a knock at the door. Lia opens it and finds her husband there. "We're starting the sparring for the kids her age. It's time she come join us."

Lucius follows his ward and the alpha out. He can feel the relief of the females and the consternation of the alpha. This is making his day more than anything else. He's having a very tough time not showing his amusement.