24

Tina goes next to the young wolf. "He'll be fine, Faline. Trust in him to come back to you. He won't do anything stupid. That man loves you more than anything."

Faline looks over at Tina gratefully, "I know, thanks, Tina."

The two go up the stairs. They had eaten earlier so they are at loose ends. They are near strangers and so they aren't sure how to really act around each other.

"So, are you going to check on the buildings Lucius has started?" Tina asks the young woman at her side as they walk to a back room. "Yes, we were going to go today, but your message was too important to put off. I think Lucius should have started with one of his city blocks and worried about mine later." Faline is more than a little irritated by his decision. She had told him to start with his and work towards hers, but he didn't. He also wouldn't say why.

"He's pretty smart, love. With the construction right next door to the diner, the men know where to find us. So even after the construction moves away they'll still come to us. Besides some of the new space being built is for restaurants, I believe. Lucius wants to give your cafe the chance to survive against newer eateries." Tina tells her, but she's only guessing at Lucius's reasons.

"Oh, I can see that now. Thanks, Tina," Faline smiles at her.

They talk for a bit then turn in for the night. Faline knows she won't be able to sleep until Lucius gets home, but Tina has to open the diner early.

Faline is going through the forms on some of the martial arts she learned when she hears noises coming from downstairs. She hears the door being opened silently and knows that Lucius was correct, Darin has made his move.

Lucius wouldn't need or even want to open the door so softly. He likes it when Faline runs down to greet him when he comes home.

Suddenly her door is thrown open and she finds herself thrown against the wall. Faline is grateful that Lucius still trains her on a daily basis as she fights the vampire sent to harm her.

She grins at the malevolent vampire in front of her. This makes the vampire nervous. She's just a wolfling, still new to her wolf and yet she has the confidence of a much more mature wolf about her.

Star sniffs in disdain. She doesn't even want to fight the vampire and is more than confident that Faline can handle him.

Since she trains with Lucius, and he doesn't hold back, she is easily able to follow his movements. Lucius has also taught her how to kill his kind. He truly doesn't trust them at all and he wants to make sure that Faline can defend herself against them.

The vampire goes to combat her and finds himself confused. He never knows whether he'll be countering human defenses, vampire defenses or wolf defenses.

He really is shocked when Faline manages to only partially turn and takes a bite out of him. He gets angry and throws her on the bed and straddles her, easily holding her two hands over her head.

He's more disconcerted when he finds the amusement gone and anger take place. But he doesn't stop his ripping of her clothes. "Lord Darin said you must be feisty if you interest Lord Lucius enough to keep you." The man smiles venomously even as he takes in her naked form. "I can see why he likes you. You are one little hellkite."

"I'm not a fucking bird, you asshole." Faline brings her crossed legs over the vampire and throws him off her. "I'm a fucking werewolf."

With that Faline stops playing with the vampire and starts to do some real damage. She finds herself immobilized and she turns in fury to the witch. "What the fuck?"

"Lord Lucius wants him alive to get information out of him. He told me to tell you that you can help in the information gathering if you wish, but he definitely needs to be alive to give it."

Just then Lucius runs into the room. He sees the ripped clothing on Faline and there is murder in his eyes.

"Did he touch you?" Lucius demands.

"Him?" Faline gives the vampire a scornful look. "Barely even grazed me. I'm only like this because I got a little too cocky and let him get a bit too close."

"All he did was look?" Lucius demands from Faline again. He needs to make sure. He knows that's not all that happened to her at the hands of the rogues. She finally told him everything.

"Yes, love, that's all he did. Star didn't even bother coming out to play, we're fine." She looks at him with narrowed eyes, "What about you?" She can smell the bitter smell of the black witches blood.

"Tina's sister decided that she wanted to play. Other witches got in the way, but eventually she lost. I had just finished playing with her when you told me you were under attack here." Lucius tells her, evading her direct question.

"Lucius, you damn well better tell me," Faline looks at him angrily.

"She got a lucky shot at me when we first entered the compound. If it hadn't of been for the spell Tina placed on me, I would likely be dead." Lucius tells Faline and then turns to Tina, "Thank you. She sends her greetings to you. She was beyond shocked to find that I didn't kill you. I think she wishes that you'd come to the party as well."

Tina looks at him and answers his smirk with dry tones, "Oh, I have no doubt of it, Lord Lucius. Not doubt of it at all. Now if you'll both excuse me? I have to work in the morning unlike you two."

Faline smirks, "Your boss could give you a day off."

"There is no one else to work that shift. Goodnight, I'm glad you both are alright." Tina gives them both a happy smile before leaving the room.

Lucius and Faline, Faline now free from the magical restraint, go to the defeated vampire. "You can tell me what I want to know the painful way, and I'll let Faline deal it out, or you can tell me the easy way."

The vampire thinks about his options while Lucius carries him to the cells. When the vampire sees the room specially made to hold and torture vampires he breaks. He tells them everything.

When there is no more to be said Lucius allows Faline to kill the vampire before he carefully dismembers him. He places the pieces in a specially made box that won't leak blood.

"Looks like I'll be visiting the council tomorrow," Lucius says with a moue of distaste.

"Suck it up, buttercup. This will end his threat. Want me to come along?"

Lucius looks at her with fear, "No! I don't want you near them. They aren't trustworthy in the slightest. No honor." Lucius says and spits on the ground.

"You need to let go of your hatred and bitterness towards your own people, Lucius." Faline says laying her hand on his arm.

"Easier said than done, love."

"I know."