28

Lucius goes to leave when Tina's next words stop him cold. "I also came to warn you. My little spies have found large numbers of vampires and what they think are rogue wolves entering the city. Knowing how you feel about all things vampire, I thought you'd want to know."

Lucius turns to her, "Just how large of numbers are we talking about here?"

"Not sure, the animals couldn't get a decent count. They aren't the smartest things in the world. But from what I could gather, it will be difficult for you to win this one." Tina says softly.

"Get those shields up." Lucius demands abruptly then gets on his phone and cancels the meeting.

"I can do that, but if I do then I will be useless in the fight. I offer instead alarms surrounding the estate, that won't be just a warning. They will be deadly, and I can cast a temporary protection on those that fight here, that will work on top of what I gave you and Faline. It's not as strong and it will only last a few hours, but it will help those defending. It has the added bonus that I'll still be able to fight."

Lucius thinks about it. "Very well, that sounds like the better option. Can you please set those spells now?"

"Of course, Lord Lucius. There are two things more. One, I think you might have some traitors among your guards and two, you need to tell your men when I tell them to drop they drop to the ground and try not to be touching the enemy in any way." Tina has a look on her face that Lucius has never seen before.

"I will tell them."

"Lucius, Star says that she'll be able to find any traitors amongst the guards." Faline tells him in the silence that falls.

"Do it," Lucius doesn't like feeling so useless. He hates waiting. 

He turns his head to the two newest members of his pack, "I hope you know how to fight Sharee."

"I've never had to before, but I've been trained in self defense."

"Shit, that will help, but it's not the same. You know our weak spots? Go after them, Quinlin stay by her side as much as possible to help her fight."

"Lucius, there are about six of them. The other guards are bringing them in." Faline goes over to Lucius and whimpers.

"What's wrong, Faline?" Lucius demands worried, he doesn't need any more troubles now.

It's Quinlin that answers him, "She's cutting the traitors from the pack. Lucius, it's incredibly painful. I've seen strong male alpha's fall to their knees from the pain of doing this to one and they share the pain with the pack. She's holding the pain from everyone else so that they will be able to fight. She needs to share the pain or it might kill her."

Lucius manages to hide his reaction to this, but the thought terrifies him. "Faline, Star, let me take some of the pain. Let me help you and then I'll give you some of my strength after I eat from the traitors."

Faline or Star listens and sends him a portion of the pain and it damn near brings him to his knees. "More, love, I'm not going to let those traitors kill you."

"Not, necessary," Faline manages to get out. She seems to be breathing easier.

Quinlin is staring at her in awe. "Faline, alpha, I don't deserve this chance of being in your pack."

Faline looks over at him and smirks. "No, you don't, but Star wants you so  here you are."

"Who is Star?" It is Sharee that asks this question.

Faline looks over to the vampiress, "She is my wolf. Most wolves don't have names separate from their human portion, but Lucius decided that she deserved one."

Faline goes behind Lucius and strips and changes, "This is Star." Lucius introduces Star to Sharee.

"You are beautiful," Sharee says. She's never cared much for the wolves of the weres but she loves Star.

Star goes behind Lucius and turns back to Faline. Once dressed Faline once more comes out from behind Lucius. "She is as beautiful as you are, Lady Faline." Sharee tells her.

Faline looks at her confused, "Lady?"

Lucius pulls her tight to him, "You are my mate. That now makes you Lady Faline."

"Oh, you never talk about the vampire world." Faline says looking a little lost. Lucius has taught her a great deal over the years but nothing about vampires other than how to kill them.

"After the fight, I'll have Sharee teach you." Lucius says gritting his teeth. His hatred of all things vampire is starting to show once more. "Right now, we or at least I have some traitors to deal with."

Lucius turns towards the door, "Make sure you are all fully fed and ready to go. There is both food and blood in the kitchen. Help yourselves. Tina will be able to show you where it is. I have already sent my servants to safety."

Lucius is joined by Faline as they make their way to the cells where the traitors are being held. "What you did that was so painful, did it hurt them as well?" Lucius wants to know.

"Perhaps, but most of the pain was mine or Star's rather. She even protected me from it."

"I see. How is she?"

"She's still in pain. Cutting the ties and blocking the telepathic links to traitors is extremely painful, but it had to be done." Faline says sadly. She doesn't like the raw feeling the loss has caused her.

"Are you alright, love?" Lucius asks in concern.

"Nothing that time won't fix. Traitors are like a poison, they have to be cut out and it hurts far more than releasing someone from the bonds. There are wounds that happen and they are painful right now, that's all."

Lucius grits his teeth in anger. He doesn't like having Faline in pain. "I think I'm going to have some wolf blood."

Lucius is able to get information from blood. He doesn't much care for wolf blood, but it will give him the information he wishes and give him more than normal strength due to the supernatural qualities of the blood. He'll have more than enough energy to share with Faline. He hopes that she'll be able to heal a bit with the energy he gives her.