22

"Tina? What a surprise, please come in." Faline says answering the door. She moves out of the way so the witch can enter the house. "What can I do for you?"

"Lucius asked me to come over, but I also have some news for him that he needs to hear as soon as possible." Tina says she's holding herself together, but Faline can tell that she's about to fall apart.

"He's in his study, follow me." Faline leads the way to Lucius's work space at home. He tries to work from home whenever he can. He still hasn't been able to figure out Darin's plans and so wishes to be home to block them as much as possible. 

Tina will also help him block Darin's plans in a different way. A second line defense sort of way.

He puts his papers away when Faline tells him that Tina is there.

He has them both come in.

"Tina? What's wrong?" He had asked her there for a spell on Faline, but Tina is shaking like crazy.

"My loving sister has brought her coven into a place in the forest. She found abandoned buildings and decided to make them homes for her foul members. She's planning something against you, Lucius. I don't know what yet. You can't afford to wait to deal with this until you know either."

Faline stiffens. "How far into the forest are we talking?"

"About twenty miles as the crow flies, nearly thirty if you follow the road."

"Lucius, they took over the rogue pack's territory." Faline says with wide worried eyes.

"I'll make sure to burn all the buildings this time." Lucius growls out.

"Tina, I need you to place a protection spell on Faline."

"I know, you explained what you wanted and I think I know the perfect spell. I'll place it directly on her skin as a tattoo so it won't be able to be removed."

Faline stiffens in terror immediately with those words.

Tina turns to her, "Don't worry, love, it's done in indelible ink. It will soak into the skin and work its way all the way down to the bone. No needles are necessary. I suck at being a tattoo artist any way. But I draw tolerably well."

"Then I want you to do the same for Lucius, I don't want him going up against a coven of black witches unprotected against their spells."

"I won't be alone, Faline, I'll be taking Steven's pack with me."

"You won't be going without me if you don't get that spell of protection."

Lucius gives in. There's no way Faline will stay behind if he doesn't get it and there's no way he'll take her with him.

"Very well."

"You won't be able to have an active spell going when you get to the lands. They are sure to have a block to all magic. 

"I can make the spell inactive, he should be able to enter with it like that. Then if anything attacks him it will become active. But doing the spell that way is a lot more painstaking and difficult."

"I'll make it worth your while. I want you to stay with Faline while I'm gone. I wouldn't put it past Lord Darin to use this time to try to come after Faline."

"Could you put up a shield around the property?" Faline asks Tina.

"Yes, but then I wouldn't be able to do the spells on you and Lord Lucius."

"Do the spells on us today and when you are able to do the one around the property do that one as well." Lucius decides. It's more important that Faline has immediate protection and she feels the same about him.

"Very well," Tina says and she's much calmer now that the information has been given and Lucius is going to act on it as soon as possible. She never thought her sister would be so foolish as to bring her coven of black witches this close to Lord Lucius.

But then her dear sister was never very bright. Take for example her going black and taking over her parents coven. That she killed their parents because they wouldn't join was perhaps one of her stupidest mistakes. They only one to top it was coming so close to Lucius.

"Tina," Lucius and Faline follow her as she grabs her supplies and then they lead her to their bedroom.

"Yes," Tina has them both lie down after removing their shirts.

"How did you find out about your sister moving her coven to that location?" Lucius demands even as Tina starts drawing the spell on his skin.

Tina concentrates on saying the spell even as she draws the design. She's not as good at this kind of spell casting so pays very close attention to the design.

Once it's finished she nods once then answers Lucius's question. "White witches often use animals to gather information. I've had watchers all over the circumference of the city since I moved in. They go out as far as the forest.

"When one of my watchers saw activity in an area that has been shunned even by the wolves it became curious. What it saw worried it and it reported it to me. I sent out a bird and saw through it's eyes today. When I saw my sister, I knew that I had to tell you immediately." Tina tells him then she takes her things to the other side of the bed and looks Faline over.

"I think I'll put your spell over your heart." Tina says and not waiting for a reply begins her spell casting.

Once she is finished, both Lucius and Faline look their new markings over with interest. Tina had encased the spell into an intricate design. The design matches very nicely with Faline's second marking of Lucius.

"They are beautiful, Tina," Faline finally says after admiring the design. She'd always wanted a tattoo, but her fear of needles made that impossible. Not to mention what Lucius would have said or done if she had even brought it up before.

"Very lovely, Tina. You have definitely earned your fee." Lucius says handing over an envelope full of money.

"Make sure that my sister is dealt with permanently, Lucius, that will be payment enough." Tina says trying to reject the payment.

"Nonsense. Take the money Tina, you earned it using your powers. It needs to be put into the money for the shop."

Tina nods, "Very well, Lucius."

"How is your shop doing?" Faline asks, having completely forgotten that Tina was to open one.

"Well, it seems that word of mouth works wonders. It's not even a fully stocked store yet and I've had a steady stream of customers."

Tina looks up at Lucius. "Thank you for allowing some supernaturals onto your territory to buy from me."

"They are welcome, but if they stray beyond the permissible boundaries they are not likely going to be repeat customers."

"They are well aware of that Lucius. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you against my sister."

"No, you are far to valuable to me. Go get your things and stay the night. We'll work out the price for the protection shield then."

"As you wish, Lucius." Tina says and leaves the mansion.

"I have some calls to make, love. Will you be alright alone?"

Faline holds back her tears, "I will. But if you don't came back to me Lucius, I'll never forgive you."

"I love you too," Lucius says kissing her.