20

Alpha Steven greets them when the come to the pack the next day. "Congratulations you two. I'd ask Faline if she's sure that she wants to be mated with a vampire, but it's by far too late for that. Now what brings you both here? Faline, no longer needs to come to train as you both know."

Steven takes them inside the pack house and to his study. Along the way they run into Lia, "Thank you, Lucius, once again for allowing us all that time in your hotel."

Lucius smirks, "Did it do any good? Perhaps I should say any lasting good?"

"Oh, yes, they now know that we will leave if they forget to treat us with respect. Some of the males are less than happy about the change, but overall the pack is much happier and content."

Faline smirks, "Let me guess, Beta Metcalf is one of the ones not happy about the change?"

"Anjolie refused to go home more than a week after the rest of us did because he allowed the house to become a pigsty that even a pig wouldn't want to wallow in. He was less than pleased when she also presented divorce papers to him."

Faline and Lucius look at Lia curiously, neither had expected Mrs. Metcalf to follow through on that. "So they are getting a divorce then?"

Steven shakes his head. "She put the divorce on hold once he got the house sparkling clean and smelling right. She gave him a month probation in which to give her reason to extend the probation another month. He has six months to prove to her satisfaction that he's making an effort or she'll file the papers."

"So what's to stop him from doing all that and then after the six months going back to his old ways?" Lucius asks hiding his amusement at the stupid ass beta.

"She told him that if he convinces her to withhold the divorce that long then goes back to his bad treatment of her then she'll just file and leave him. There won't be another chance."

"They'll still be mates," Faline says.

"Yes, but he won't be able to be with females and so he'll be alone at night, no one to cook or clean during the day. He hadn't liked that state of things last time. Joseph likes his food, he likes a clean house and he likes having a bed partner." Steve tells them.

"What about Quinlin?" Faline hides her own smirk. She never liked the beta or their son. Anjolie she adored though and didn't think that she deserved how she was treated by both the father and son.

"He has his own room here at the pack house.  Anjolie told him that she loves him, but he needs to learn how to treat females before she'll do much more than visit him for short times. He's not welcome at the house until he gets his act together, her words." Lia tells them allowing her own smirk to come out.

"Now, what brings you two here this fine day?" Steven's sarcasm is strong. The day is stormy and rainy, fall has descended upon them with a fury. Already the leaves were starting to change.

Due to the inclement weather the two fore went their normal run to the pack and Lucius drove them there.

"Did you find out who Faline's family was?" Lucius gets straight to the heart of the matter.

"Faline, born Seline de Lupo. She is the last of her pack. You said that all other slaves from her pack were killed correct?" Steven directs that to Lucius.

"Yes," it is Faline that answers so softly that they could barely hear her. Hearing her name brings to mind flashes of memory. Faces of a man and woman. But nothing more than flashes.

Steven pushes a paper to her. "Your pack money was held in trust in case one of you survived. This is now yours. I have no doubt that Lucius can help you transfer it to your personal account if that is what you choose to do."