chapter three

Sophia took a deep breath as she parked in front of the house. She loved her apartment, but it paled in comparison to David's place. She drummed her fingers on the steering wheel, feeling a little anxious to meet him. Sophia had put up a front when she was joking with Marcia, but everything was starting to feel so real. She shook her head, grabbing her bag and hopping out of the car. She walked up to the door and knocked, immediately seeing him lounging on his couch through the glass. He smiled widely, camera in hand as he opened the door.

"Hey! How are you?" He said excitedly, pulling her in for a big hug. He was wearing a black t-shirt and shorts, red vans, and his black hat.

"I'm good. It's so nice to finally meet you."

"You too. Is it okay to be on camera?"

"Well, yeah. What else am I here for?" She joked, making him chuckle.

"Hey! What's up you guys? I'm here with Sophia Pinzon and we're surprising Matt because he has a huge crush on her." David smiled, pointing the camera at the two of them.

"And I'm here because he's paying me by the half hour."

David immediately erupted into laughter, which made her feel pretty good. She knew she was pretty funny, and she never got to show that side of herself on her channel. This was a chance to grow her audience. David grabbed his laptop and a few spare batteries before leading her out to his white Tesla X. Her eyes widened when she saw it. She'd seen it in videos, but it was so much more impressive in person. She was a big car person and even being near a car that nice made her really excited.

"Wow, she's beautiful." Sophia remarked, admiring all the craftsmanship as they hopped in.

"Thank you! You like cars?" David wondered, backing out of his driveway and starting the drive over to Zane's place. Matt and Brandon were hanging out there with Heath and Zane.

"Yeah, I do. My dad loves them a lot and I guess that just transferred to me."

"What's your dream car?"

"Honestly, this one exactly. Same exterior paint and everything. As nice as a Gallardo or a Rolls would be, the Tesla is a lot more me." Sophia admitted, looking down at her lap and smiling thoughtfully.

"Do you wanna drive it?" David smirked, turning to face her with that goofy grin of his.

"David, don't even joke. If anything happened to this car while I was driving I'd actually end my shit."

"It's not a huge deal. This thing practically drives itself anyways."

David pulled over to an empty side street, hopping out of the car. He opened her door and crossed his arms, a wide smile plastered on his face. Sophia shook her head, laughing and covering her face with her hands.

"Come on, Soph. It's really fun." He inched her on, tugging at her arm lightly. Sophia groaned, getting out of the car and into the driver's seat.

"Holy shit." She whispered to herself before she took off onto the street. David grabbed his camera, angling at her driving.

"Soph is driving her dream car right now."

"Or am I?" She smirked, taking her hands off the wheel. She had put the Tesla on autopilot for the bit, making David laugh so hard he snorted.

"Okay, that was fucking funny. No offense, but how come you don't do that much comedy on your channel?"

"I don't know. I feel like I have this character that isn't really me for my channel."

"Yeah, I get that."

They sat in a comfortable silence as she followed David's ocasional directions, finally pulling up to the house.

"Alright, wait here. I'm gonna go blindfold Matt." David practically squealed, making her giggle.

"That's literally the sentence I was expecting you to say, Dobrik."