chapter twenty five

"Please, you know her better than anyone." David begged, Matt rolling his eyes.

"David, why don't you ask Marcie who is her best friend and actual roommate."

"She won't answer the phone. Christmas is coming up and I want to get her something she'll really love."

"I don't know! She doesn't really talk about things. I think she mentioned once that she liked that Cartier screw bracelet but I'm not sure." Matt shrugged, scratching the back of his head.

"Wait! She totally did say that. We were watching a James video and she was saying that she's obsessed with his jewelry." Trisha piped up, nodding im recognition.

"Why are you getting her something anyways?" Jason wondered, taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Some people like buying their girlfriends nice things, Jason." David joked, Trisha erupting into laughter.

"I'll go out with you to Rodeo to help you pick something out." Trisha volunteered, the other guys opting out.

"Let's do it."

David hated shopping at these designer stores. He could easily blow a ton of money at these places, but he knew what he liked and mainly stuck to what he knew. He was only ever really concerned with his comfort, but he wanted to go out of his way to get something nice for Sophia. He didn't know where the urge stemmed from, but he knew he could do a cute bit for the vlog. Trisha and David went through multiple stores, not quite finding what they thought Sophie would like. Everything was either too subtle or way too much. It took a while before they found something, and David was getting increasingly frustrated.

"What about this?" Trisha wondered, pointing at a necklace in the glass casing. David smiled widely and nodded, wrapping an arm around her excitedly.

"Seeing you this in love is the cutest thing ever. I swear to god, I feel like you're my son sometimes."

"If you're my mom can you pay for this?" He joked, the two of them laughing.

"Seriously, I feel like this is so her. I'm gonna get one for me too so it can be our thing." David said confidently. He paid for the necklaces before heading back to his house. David admired it at a traffic light, feeling warm and happy. He was so excited to surprise her with it.

 He was so excited to surprise her with it

___

"Jason, are you with David?" Sophia asked, hopping into her car and adding the shopping bag to the growing pile in her back seat.

"I'm at his place with Matt, but he went out with Trisha to film." Jason said carefully, tapping his fingers nervously on his knee.

"Perfect! Can you tell her to keep him busy for the rest of the day? I want to surprise him."

"Yeah, that's fine. Do you need any help?"

"Please. Stay at his house. I'm on my way."

They hung up quickly before Jason dialed Trisha's number. He knew that David had a soft spot for Trisha and would do anything she said.

"Hey, babe. How's it going?" Trisha answered, smiling widely.

"Everything's good. Am I on speaker?"

"Nope."

"Alright, Soph just called and told me she wants to surprise David. Do you think you can keep him occupied for a couple more hours?" Jason asked, Matt clapping excitedly.

"Yeah, for sure. Love you, babe."

"Love you too."

Sophia arrived a few minutes later, arms full of large shopping bags. Jason opened the door for her, laughing loudly and helping her as she almost dropped half of them.

"Why do I feel like it's been a month since I've seen you?" Matt asked, standing from the couch and giving her a hug.

"Because we both have major attachment issues." Sophia giggled, hugging him back.

"So what's the plan?" Jason wondered, sitting on one of the bar stools.

"David is a little bitch so naturally he loves Christmas. I was thinking we could decorate his place for him and surprise him."

"Oh, he's gonna love this."