Part 1: Intruder

(Shuichi's POV)

I still can't believe it. I don't want to believe it. Could what the white and black teddy bear called Monokuma said actually be true? No. This was just some terrible prank, that's all. Yeah, that must be it.

"Oh, this is no prank, it's actually happening!" says Monokuma as If he can read my mind. "All sixteen of you will be forced to brutally slaughter each other in a killing game! Isn't it so despair-inducing!"

His words echo in my head. Everyone is talking to each other about our current situation but my mind was elsewhere. I don't notice as Kaede taps on my shoulder. She taps again and I turn to look at her.

"Hey it's gonna be okay, we'll get through this together! Were friends, we wouldn't kill each other!" she says sensing my worry. Kaede is so optimistic but I'm not sure. I look down at the floor. Kaede crouches down slightly to look under my hat and gives a knowing smile. "You can do this Shuichi!"

I look up. "I suppose your right," I say even though I was still worried.

We enter the dormitory and go to our rooms. When I enter I see that the room is themed black and blue. There is a bed with shelves on one side and a desk on the other. The desk has a desk lamp and empty drawers. There is a chair in front of it and a waste bin on the side. I turn my attention to the other side of the room. There are a chair and a table on top of a rug. Across from that, there is a TV on top of some drawers. There are another shelf and a closet. I look inside the closet to find many copies of the outfit I am already wearing.

"I suppose Monokuma expects us to wear the same clothes every day," I mumble to myself. Above the closet, in the corner, I see a monitor surrounded by many speakers. A few minutes later I see the monitor come to life as the colorful bears called the monokubs talk onscreen.

All five monokubs are sitting on a red couch with yellow dots drinking from cups with straws. Plushies of everyone I met today are scattered around the place, some hanging from strings and others laying on the floor or sofa. "TEN O'CLOCK, IT'S NIGHTTIME YOU BASTARDS!" the yellow and white bear named Monosuke yells.

"Eek! Please don't yell, it hurts my ears." Says the pink and white bear named Monophanie. "Ahem, well good night!"

"Have fun killing someone. You can stab em', burn em', drown em', or poison them. Whatever fits your style." the red and white cub with a grey scarf named Monotaro says all too excited for what he was saying.

"Oh please don't talk about violence or I'll be sick!" Monophanie says as her face turns green.

The green and white robotic bear named Monodam says nothing. "..."

"WHAT, YOU GOT NOTHIN' TO SAY?" The blue and white bear named Monokid yells.

"Good night everyone!" says Monophanie.

"So Long! Bear Well!" they all say in unison. And with that, the screen turns off.

I lay on my bed but I can't sleep. Tomorrow, one of us could be dead. It could be Gonta, Kirumi, Kaede... I try to smother the thought unsuccessfully. The thought that one of the friends I made today could be dead tomorrow keeps me awake. I toss and turn trying to sleep unsuccessfully.

Suddenly I hear the sound of clinking metal. I sit up. The sound appears to be coming from my door. I freeze in fear. Is someone trying to break in?

I hear a click as the door swings open. Standing in the doorway is none other than Kokichi Ouma. He smiles and steps forward. "What are you still doing awake?" He asks curiously.

"I-I could ask you the same," I reply.

Kokichi grins. "Well, I'm glad you're awake, Now I can have someone to talk to!"

"Y-you mean you're not gonna k-kill me? I say.

"Nishishi, do I look like I'd kill someone." Kokichi crossed his arms. I look at him. Even in the dark, I can see him. His purple hair defies the laws of physics and his purple eyes gleam. He wears a black and white checkered scarf that looks very worn. He has a white shirt with colorful buttons and white pants that have straps that hang down. He has black and purple shoes and is smiling at me.

"Yes," I say seriously.

"Ouch Shuichi, you know I have feelings too!" he says with a frown.

"Well given your personality, it's certainly plausible." I put my hand mouth thinking.

"Of course, that's totally something a detective would say." Kokichi sighs.

"Anyways, what do you want Ouma?" I scowl.

He frowns. "I told you, I just wanna talk." I look at him suspiciously. "Why are you looking at me like I have an ulterior motive or something. I just wanted to talk. Your one of the less boring people here." He looks genuine.

I soften my face. "Okay." he flips on the light and walks over and sits next to me on my bed. "So, what do you want to talk about?"

"Why are you still awake?" he asks.

"Oh, I just woke up in the middle of the night." I lie. I don't want to tell him I was up because I was scared.

"Shuichi, I'm an expert. You can't get a lie past me." My eyes go wide in surprise. I reach for my hat to pull it down before I realize I'm not wearing it. "Also, why do you wear that emo hat all the time, you look so much cuter without it." I blush.

"It's um, just like an f-fashion choice."

"Shuichi, your lying again." he stares into my eyes with a serious look. "You don't have to lie to me. I hate liars after all."

"That last part was a lie, wasn't it?"

A dark look crosses Kokichi's face. "That's all I am anyway, right? Just a compulsive liar, never to be trusted. Nishishi!" He dashes out of the room and I don't see him the rest of the night. Eventually, I fall asleep.