Part 10: Missing

(Shuichi's POV)

I stand there shocked, trying to comprehend what just happened. Kokichi... kissed me? As the shock wears off I head back to my room to think. Kokichi kissed me. I realize that I... liked it? Only now do I realize how bad I had wanted to kiss him. Dammit, why didn't I? I guess I was too shocked to think or do anything.

Eventually I fall into a dreamless sleep. In the morning I wake up to a knock on the door. Drowsily I open the door to see Kaito. He walks with me to breakfast and talks about how we should start training together. I walk into the dining hall and everyone is surprised to see that I'm not wearing my hat. Kokichi isn't there yet so I eat my breakfast.

"Everyone! Gonta found something!" Gonta shouts to the room.

"What is it?" Tenko asks.

"Well, Gonta was walking around when suddenly he finds rock with strange writing. It says, 'horse a.' Gonta not know what it means."

"Huh, that's weird." Kaito says. "Probably just a prank or something."

Gonta sighs. "Guess so, but Gonta thought it maybe important, so Gonta tell everyone."

Everyone finishes breakfast and leaves. Kokichi still hasn't shown up, maybe he's exploring the new places? I explore the new places looking for Kokichi. In the end he's still missing. I look around the campus some more before giving up and going to my room. I read for a while before going to look for Kokichi again.

I knock on his door. When theres no answer I open the door. Upon entering the room I notice the cameras and other things from the recent murder case. I also notice a bulletin board covered with pictures. Kaede's picture is next to Rantaro's, separate from the rest. Next to Monokubs picture the word 'annoying' is written. I look at mine to see the word 'trustworthy?' written. I then notice that the question mark is scribbled out and replaced with a period. I look around the rest of the room to see multiple pairs of Kokichi's clothes in a pile. Why aren't they in his closet? I look at his closet and make my way towards it.

I open the door and freeze in fear. Laying there is Kokichi's lifeless body. His head, hands, and knee are covered in blood. I stifle a sob and fall to my knees.

 I stifle a sob and fall to my knees

This can't be happening. It's just a nightmare. It has to be. Kokichi's face, once smiling with glee... is now covered in blood. I sit there sobbing. I can't stop even if I want to. The image of Kokichi's smiling face slowly fades away.

 The image of Kokichi's smiling face slowly fades away