Part 16: Dancing Trough the Pain

(Shuichi's POV)

"Kokichi!" I rush over to where Maki dropped him. "Kokichi! Wake up!" I shake him violently.

"Relax, he just passed out from loss of air." Maki walks over to me and whispers so nobody else hears. "Hey, I didn't kill him because I knew it would hurt you. That gremlin deserves to die, but someone like you doesn't deserve to lose your friend. So, your welcome."

"H-How did you-?"

"An anonymous person dropped your motive video off at my lab. My curiosity got the better of me." With that, Maki turns around and walks away. Everyone else follows, discussing her talent along the way. I pick Kokichi up and carry him bridal style as I walk back. As I'm walking a pair of arms wraps around my neck. I look at Kokichi, now awake.

"Hey, Shuichi!" He smiles.

"Ah! Kokichi! Good, you're awake. Are you okay?" I ask him.

"Well, it's good to be breathing again, but my head hurts like crazy! I think I hit it on the fountain when I fell."

"Are you going to be okay though? You don't have a concussion or anything?" I ask concerned.

"I don't really care, all I know is I'm quite comfy right now." He snuggles closer to my chest causing me to blush. "But are you okay Shuichi?"

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well Mom- er, Kirumi just..." His words trail off.

"...Well..." I don't know what to say.

"Stop," Kokichi demands.

"Stop what?" I ask confused.

"Stop walking. I feel like dancing." Kokichi announces.

"Um, okay, but that was sudden." I laugh as I set him down.

"Come on!" he gestures for me to dance with him.

"Huh? Oh, I don't really dance..."

"Pwetty Pwease? For me?" He begs.

"Alright, but I can't promise I'll be any good." Kokichi grabs my hand and twirls me around before pulling me close. We dance for a few more minutes. Halfway through, I realize that Kokichi was trying to cheer me up. Well, it worked. He always knows how to cheer me up...

   I hold Kokichi while he dramatically leans back

I hold Kokichi while he dramatically leans back. He looks at me expectantly. "What?"

"You have to do the final dance move!" Kokichi demands.

"What's that?" I ask.

"Oh for Atua's sake," Kokichi mumbles before tipping me back and kissing me. I blush bright red from the unexpected gesture. Kokichi pulls away before dragging me down to the grassy floor. He lay's his head on my chest and hugs me. I put my arms around him and gently caress his blackish-purple hair. We stay like that a while. Eventually, I realize Kokichi fell asleep. I giggle softly. After a few minutes, I shake Kokichi awake.

"Mm, why'd you wake me up?" Kokichi rubs the sleepiness from his eyes.

"As much as I'd love to lay here with you, it's getting late. We should return to our rooms."

"Aww, okay." We head back to our rooms.

I lay in bed for a while before I hear a knock at my door. I'm surprised to see Maki standing in h doorway. "Maki? What are you doing here."

"Well, a certain idiot wouldn't let me alone until I agreed to train with him. He told me to pick you up." Maki explains.

"Oh, Okay." We silently walk together. "I'm sorry, I never thanked you for earlier." Maki remains silent. "Well thank you."

"Sure." Maki mumbles. Maki, Kaito, and I train together. Maki finishes a long time before we do. When we're done, the three of us return to our separate rooms.

I'm about to fall asleep when I hear another knock. Who would be here this late? I open the door to see Kokichi. "Kokichi what are you doing here?"

"We need to talk," he says.

"Couldn't that wait until the morning?" I ask.

"No."

"Alright, then it's probably important," I say.

"I hate you." Kokichi announces. There's no playful tone in his voice.

"What?" I ask confused.

"I hate you. I hate your dumb, wimpy personality. You're even dumber than Kaito. You're terrible at your job, I mean you're constantly making mistakes dragging everybody else down. Kaede died because of you're mistake, and you couldn't save Rantaro, Ryoma, or Kirumi. You're always so depressed and emo it makes me want to gag."

"What? Where did this come from? I-I thought you cared about me!" Tears stream down my face.

"That was an obvious lie. You're so dumb you couldn't tell how I felt. I was always trying to get away from you. I was just playing with your heart. You are weak, always have been, always will be."

I fall to my knees. "B-but... I..."

"You could jump off the roof and die for all I care." He gives me that angry look. The one that haunts me to this day. And then he leaves. I fall to the floor sobbing. He was right. Every word he said was true. I couldn't save my friends because of how stupid I am. I couldn't see how much he hated me because I'm so stupid. How could I ever think anybody ever loved me? I use the last of my energy to climb into bed. I lay on top of the covers and cry until I can't cry anymore.

"Monokuma," I call.

He suddenly appears at the foot of my bed. "Yes?"

"I'd like to add a new rule if that's okay with you."

(Nobody's POV)

The blue haired girl held a wig in one hand, and a pill bottle in the other. Her grin stretched ear to ear. "Puhuhu, that brat shouldn't have been poking around. Perhaps this will teach him. I even left him a note and everything explaining the consequences. So, it's really all his fault. I've set the plan in motion. I can't wait to see what will happen. Even I don't know how this will end! That's the thrill of despair. Puhuhu."

"