They're Gone

I was watching this video^^ when the idea for this chapter struck me so.....enjoy I love (though there are only a few of them) this artist/youtuber's work - Danasauurr!!

2016

Hermione is staring at the empty room for a second before she starts screaming, "ROSE! HUGO!" She could barely breath and starts to hyperventilate. "HARRY! RON!"

There are loud quick steps on the stairs and the boys run into the room to find Hermione on her knees on the floor crying, Draco's not too far behind them with the others right behind.

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" Ron asks desperately, kneeling next to her trying to comfort his desperate wife. He hadn't see her like this in a very long time and was not very happy with her current state. "What happened?"

"I couldn't stop them, I just stood there," Hermione cries desperately as she turns and weeps into Ron's Christmas jumper.

"Stop who? What's happened Hermione?" Harry asks stepping forward placing his hand on her head in a small way of comfort. But Hermione jumps up and throws her arms around his neck, now crying into his chest.

Harry looks at Ron desperately, having no clue why to do. "They took it Harry! They spun it! I don't know where they are!" Hermione rambles against Harry's chest confusing him along with everyone else.

"What did who take?" Harry asks worried we won't like her answer. She pulls back and stares right into his eyes with watery yet dead serious ones. Then her words set in and he was right, he didn't like the answer. "No."

Hermione nods tears streaming down her face. "Who?" Harry asks quietly definitely not wanting the answer.

"All of them," Hermione gasps our crying in his chest again. "All five of them!"

Harry's eyes grow wide and his own tears start to fall down his face as they both collapse in a crying heap on the floor.

"Can someone place explain what is happening here!?!" Draco demands looking at his husband and friend crying on the floor. He looks back at the other family members who look just as confused as he does. Then he looks at Ron who seems to have no clues either. "Babe, what's wrong?"

"The kids," Harry gasps out turning to look at Draco who jolts suddenly remembering he hadn't seen the kids in a little while.

"What about them?" Draco asks a bit more hesitant as he crouches next to Harry who reaches out and clutches the front of Draco's Christmas sweater. This was definitely not the way he likes to see his husband, he prefers him happy.

"They're gone," Hermione answers looking at Draco then at Ron telling him that theirs are included in this.

"What do you mean gone?" Ron asks desperately crouching down again while the rest of the family files into the room.

Hermione sighs sniffling before pulling away from Harry who does the same. They both stand up again straightening their clothes before Harry pulls Draco into a desperate hug breathing in his familiar smell.

"Okay. So, in our third year I was under a lot of stress and took on more work than I could handle when Minnie then offered me something that would help me get to all my classes on time. She had to do a lot of paper work with the ministry but ultimately I got to keep it. Then later that year Buckbeak and Sirius were going to be killed so I told Harry and we saved them. I haven't used it since that year knowing how much damage it could do but I've kept it locked away all this time," Hermione stops for a minute trying to reign in her breath that was becoming shorter as she spoke when Ron pulled her into a comforting hug. She took a deep breath before continuing. "The kids somehow got into my drawers and as I was walking in looking for them they spin it. It's a Time-turner."