•❊Away|Part Three❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
This chapter is short and poorly written. My apologies for a potential waste of your time!

•♡•

Michael stared at you, and you stared back at him. His eyes were glossy, and there was an inexplicable expression painted on his face. You did not know how to feel.

"Your name isn't (Y/N) Dawn, is it?" he whispered. "You're (Y/N) (Y/LN)," he studied you. "My (Y/N) (Y/LN)," he kept his eyes on you.

You let your gaze fall to the floor, and you sighed. There was no more hiding. Michael was now aware of whom you were.

"Do you want to....come inside?" you stepped aside.

Michael smiled a little and nodded, entering the house. Once he was inside, you pushed the door shut, turning around to face him.

"My, (Y/N)," he said softly. "You've grown," his eyes scanned your form. "You've changed,"

"That's what we've all done," you gestured to the sofa. "We're not kids anymore, are we?"

Michael sat down, and you sat down next to him. He smelled good, and he looked good, you could not deny that.

He stared at you, and that seemed to be all he could do. You felt a little conscious and looked down.

"You've grown to be a splendid woman," he remarked, making you look up at him. "Really,"

You blushed a little and flashed him a small smile. "So how did you find out it was me?"

"I went to visit Kim's house, I got her address from a fellow colleague," he laughed a little. "And I convinced her to tell me whom you really were. I wasn't confident that Dawn was your real last name," he raised an eyebrow slightly, making you laugh.

"It wasn't very convincing, was it?" you bit your lip. "I should have known," you giggled softly. "You're still the same. Very smart,"

"And you're still the same," he stared at you. "Beautiful and shy," he kept his eyes on you. "You've changed so much, yet you haven't," he frowned a little. "Does that make sense?" he inquired.

"Yes, and no," you let out a breath.

Michael hummed in response, continuing to stare at you. "(Y/N)...I...have to say..." he trailed off. "I missed you,"

You kept your eyes on him and smiled a little. "If you really had missed me, you would not have stopped responding to my messages," you bit your lip.

"What?" he gawked slightly. "You stopped writing to me," he spoke. "One day, I just stopped receiving your letters, so I assumed that you forgot about me," he shook his head.

"Well, when I stopped receiving letters from you, I thought that you forg me," you raised an eyebrow at him.

"Perhaps our letters got lost in the mail," he responded. "That's what our mailman said," he sighed. "Every time I asked him for a letter from you, he would tell me that he had none, and then he would try to make me feel better by suggesting that it got lost in the mail,"

"That's what our mailman would do as well," you chuckled. "I would be so upset when he told me that there were no letters for me. I would sometimes cry my heart out," you looked down at your lap.

Michael moved closer, and he used his index finger to lift your chin up so that you were looking at him.

"When I found out that you were my (Y/N), I almost hated you," he looked into your eyes.

"Hated me?" you frowned.

"Hated you," he nodded. "For growing into something that I can never have," he searched your eyes. "You're so beautiful, (Y/N), I almost couldn't believe it," he smiled a little. "Back when we were kids, things were innocent. I could have you then,"

You looked into Michael's eyes, and your emotions got the better of you. You had never stopped loving him. "You can have me now,"

You moved forward and kissed him. It took him a moment to respond, and when it did - everything felt right. A moment's contact seemed to have rebuilt all the bridges that my have been burned down between the two of you.

He kissed you for a few seconds before he pulled away.

"I can't," he stood up. "(Y/N), it was....lovely to see you after all these years," he made his way toward the front door as you stood up. "But I...must leave," he opened the door.

"Again?" you inquired as tears filled your eyes. He had only come back to you, and now he was leaving again.

Stepping out, he turned to face you. "I'm sorry," he breathed before turning around to leave.

~•❊•~
This chapter sucked, I know it!
But
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~•❊•~
|Love|Hope|Truth|