•❊Hotel Surprise❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

⊰•

✽SET IN THE BAD ERA✽

|1988|

•❊•

You sat down on the hotel bed, looking around the room. You had just arrived, and you were going to be staying at the hotel for one night. You were currently out of the country for a financial workshop, seeing as you worked as a bank officer for a prestigious company.

The room was cold but well furnished. You let out a sigh and took off your jacket, leaving it on the bed. Moving along the mattress, you reached over and grabbed the receiver of the room telephone. Holding it up to your ear, you dialled the number to your boyfriend's house.

Now, your boyfriend was no ordinary man. In fact, he was far from ordinary. He was a famous man, and the entire world adored him. His name was Michael Jackson, and he was known as the King of Pop.

He owned a massive property called Neverland, and you lived with him there. The two of you had been dating for three years now, and things were amazing. You missed him already and the workshop hadn't even started.

"Hello?" Michael's voice greeted you.

"Michael," you breathed.

"(Y/N)," you could tell that he was smiling when he heard your voice. "Oh God, how are you? Are you at the hotel already?"

"Yeah, I just arrived," you responded. "The room is so quiet and I miss you already," you let out a breath.

"I miss you too," he said. "The house is so lonely without you," he chuckled. "I can't wait for you to get home,"

You broke into a small smile. "I can't wait to be home," you inhaled. "Ah, the room is so cold," you remarked.

"I wish I was there to keep you warm," he replied.

"Trust me, I wish you were here too," you closed your eyes before opening them again, checking your wrist watch. "It's five, I'd better get going, the workshop commences in fifteen minutes," you sighed. "I'll try to call you later," you said.

"Take care, my love," he said before you disconnected the call. It was time to make your way to the conference room.

•❁❁❁•

You entered the conference room and glanced around. The place was full and people were all mixing around. You readjusted your jacket and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear.

"(Y/N)!" a male voice spoke from behind you.

You turned around and saw Owen, one of your colleagues. He was a good friend of yours, and he always liked to hang around you. Many of your other colleagues reckoned that he had a crush on you, but you tried not to think about it. Owen was a good friend, and you wanted things to remain that way. Michael was the only man in your life.

"You look nice!" he remarked, looking at your form.

"Thanks, Owen," you laughed.