•❊Threatened❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

ALSO, THIS PARTICULAR IMAGINE ISN'T GOOD. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Also, I don't know if this title belongs to an older imagine of mine, I can't remember. If so, please let me know. I feel like I've used it before😂

⊰•

✽SET IN THE DANGEROUS ERA✽

|1992|

You were seated backstage, watching as Michael performed. The angle, at which you were sitting, worked to your advantage - allowing you to look on as your husband of three years, Michael, rehearsed. He had a concert in five hours, and he was in the process of perfecting his dance moves.

Resting your hand on your four month old belly bump, a proud smile tugged at the corners of your lips. Nothing made you happier than to see your husband doing what he loved.

The backup dancers would go over the same moves, non stop. As you watched, you could see that they were very tired - even the backup singers. Michael had his hands on his hips as he spoke to Frank, his manager.

Gesturing to the various parts of the large stage, Michael began to voice his thoughts and wishes in a bid to have everything perfect. Frank listened intently, and despite the fact that you could not hear them, you knew they were speaking about the concert preparations.

A moment passed before you glanced at your elegant wrist watch, from which you gathered that it was two in the afternoon.

Several backup dancers had begun to talk to each other, sharing a few laughs as Michael spoke to Frank. As you sat there, you noticed one of the male backup dancers staring at you. He was tall and muscular, and he was a very good dancer.

Instead of smiling at him, you looked away - and here's the reason why.

Six months ago, Michael had recruited a handful of backup dancers, to accompany him on his world tour. Most of the new recruits were males, and there was only one female. However, the latter was besides the point.

There was a dancer named Lincoln, and he danced icredibly well. Of course, he was not as good as Michael, but his seemed to always do his best - and that's all that mattered to Michael.

Now, three months after Lincoln had joined the tour team, he had begun to change. It was subtle, at first, but then it eventually gained momentum.

He would constantly stare at you, and he always made it a point to be where you were. Sometimes, his eyes would grow extremely dark, striking a strange sense of fear within you. Whenever the two of you were close together, he never missed the opportunity to bring his body into contact with yours.

This had become more evident three months passed by. At this point, he would openly stare at you - and sometimes he would flash you a sinister smile.

Michael knew nothing of this, and you wanted to keep it that way. You see, Michael thought highly of Lincoln, and he always expressed his satisfaction with the man's efforts. For the first time, in ages, he looked relaxed - knowing that he had a very good dancer on his team.

Of course, you did not want to bother Michael unnecessarily, and you reckoned that it was just a phase - a phase that Lincoln would eventually grow out of.

You got along wonderdfully with all of the tour team members, and you had spoken with each and every one of them.

All except one. Lincoln hardly ever talked to you, and you preferred it that way. You certainly did not want to get too close to him.

Letting out a tired sigh, you observed the stage as the music began to play - creating a lively rhythm within your spirit. Frank kept his head down and ran off of the stage, making his way over to you.

You looked up at him as you played with your extravagant wedding ring, watching as he used his palm to wipe the sweat off of his forehead. The weather had been quite hot, and everyone felt the effect. Despite being in an open arena, no one could escape the burning heat that threatened to affect anyone who didn't take the proper precautions.

"Everything alright?" you quizzed softly. Frank's eyes were swollen, allowing you to notice that he had not had a good night's sleep. The loud music distracted you for a second, but you quickly recollected yourself.

"Yep!" he nodded, raising his voice so that you could hear him over the loud music.

"You sure? You don't look too good!" you responded in the same manner.

"Ah, I'm fine!" he replied. "Just stressed!" he rolled his eyes.

A soft giggle escaped your lips as you directed your attention back to your husband's moves.

It was hard not to smile when seeing Michael perform on stage. Whether it had been a rehearsal session or a live concert, he would always know how to amaze the people around him. He was magical, an angelic human being.

A wider smile lit your face up as you watched Michael spin around. You clapped and let out a small laugh, fully aware that no one could hear you. Frank had noticed your gesture, making him break into a small grin. Glancing back at him, you could tell that he was chuckling.

Shaking your head, you brought your gaze to meet Michael's form once more. The music was coated with pure genius, seemingly taking over Michael's form. The backup dancers, and singers, were just as consumed by the melodies and beats.

Watching on, you ran your tongue over your bottom lip because it was dry. At the same time, Michael's eyes landed on you - making him bring his movements to a halt, just for a second. Your heart skipped a beat when this happened.

The two of you had been married for two years yet he still managed to make your heart race when he looked at you. Grinning at him, you waved at him slightly as he began to perform the moonwalk.

Suddenly, you felt someone collapse, beside you. You quickly snapped your head to the side, making your eyes go wide. Frank was laying on the floor, and blood was oozing out from his neck. You screamed and stood up, bringing the music to a stop. Everyone froze as you brought your eyes up to see whom had stabbed Frank.

Lincoln.

"Hey!" Michael took a step forward, but Lincoln grabbed you roughly and turned you around so that your back was against his front.

"Come any closer, and I'll slit her throat,"

~❊♡❊~
Um, I'm not looking for attention when I say this, but this piece was ACTUAL trash.
My apologies!
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~❊♡❊~
|Love|Hope|Truth|