•❊Beautiful❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

WARNING:
THIS ONE, IN PARTICULAR, IS NOT WELL WRITTEN, SO MY APOLOGIES IF IT SUCKS.

⊰•

✽SET IN THE BAD ERA✽

|1988|

You walked through the large doors of the Neverland mansion, your husband of two years right behind you. Michael followed you into the house before moving to shut the doors. Letting out a tired sigh, you ran your hands over the formal outfit that you were wearing. The time was five minutes to midday, and you had to admit that you were quite troubled.

You and Michael had earlier attended a fashion show, which had been created for charity purposes. Now, on any other day, you would keep yourself together without losing control of your thoughts. However, you were currently tired, rather stressed - and feeling utterly insecure. You see, at the fashion show, that you and your husband had attended, there were beautiful models, everywhere you had looked. Each one of them had a beautiful face, a beautiful body, and hair that was to die for. It was not doubt that those females were extremely gorgeous. Since you had always been a fairly insecure person, this event, in discussion, had acted as a trigger for the emotions that you would rather have suppressed. The depression was eating you from the inside out, and you did not know how to handle it - not at all.

Michael had noticed that you had been rather quiet, and now that the both of you had returned home, his features were painted with a heavier expression of concern in contrast to the way he had been looking at you in the car. You began to make your way to the staircase when your husband spoke.

"(Y/N),"

You stopped and let your shoulders fall slightly before turning around to face him. He stared at you, his eyes laced with pure concern.

"(Y/N), I know that there's something wrong," he kept his eyes on you. "What's going on?"

All you could do was stare at him as you let your heart sink. You wanted to tell him how you felt, but you did not want to seem too insecure - you didn't want to admit it.

"(Y/N)?" he folded his arms when he noticed that you had not responded to him.

"No, I'm fine," you lied. "Nothing's wrong," you shook your head. "Honestly,"

"Don't lie to me," he said as he walked up to you, unfolding his arms and gently setting them on your waist. "(Y/N), you can't hide anything from me, tell me what's wrong," he urged you as you looked down.

Michael took one of his hands and used his index finger to carefully tilt your chin up, so as to allow him to look into your eyes. "Tell me,"

You stared up at him, your eyes becoming watery - making him appear to be even more worried. Everything was silent as you contemplated. To tell him, or not to tell him. As much as you didn't want to say anything, the warmth of Michael's eyes told you that you could trust him more than you trusted yourself. "It....it's ridiculous," you blinked rapidly.

"Tell me. Nothing is ridiculous when it comes to you, now tell me what's wrong," he answered.

Several seconds passed by before you took in a deep breath, drowning out the sound of your racing heart. "It was....the fashion show,"

He raised his eyebrows slightly, not understanding the gist of your words. "What about it? I thought you enjoyed it,"

"Well I....I didn't enjoy it, and I don't think I ever will," you breathed. "It's just that...when I saw those models....and how perfect they looked...it made me feel so insecure," you felt a few tears streaming down your delicate face.