Chapter 63

After the ceremony it was already time to head to the train station. Roxanne, Kvestor and Roscoe arrived with the train, looking around curiously. Roscoe was wearing his helmet though his other clothings were more casual now, but not far from his usual guard's uniform.

"I'm glad you could arrive today already", Bickslow grinned. "The Trials are starting tomorrow."

"Already?" Roxanne asked surprised. "Talk about the time to prepare for it."

"It cannot be helped, Madam", Freed smiled as they stepped out of the station. "S-class wizards need to be prepared for everything."

"I can understand that. So this is Magnolia nowadays. Doesn't seem that much different than it was", Roxanne said.

"When did you visit here?" Ever asked as they stepped down the stairs to the busy street. Everyone was packing their bags and talking about the S-class Trials. Of course there were people who were annoyed that they had to leave their homes for four days but all agreed that it was worth it. Fairy Tail would have another S-class wizard and that meant the town would be more guarded.

"It was shortly after you and your guild members went missing. I needed to have some answers from Porlyusica so I arrived here to talk with her directly."

"I remember that", Roscoe muttered and shivered. "It wasn't a really pleasant meeting."

"I can believe that, baby", Bickslow grinned. "So you were here too?"

"I'll always accompany Granny when she wants to visit somewhere outside Naava town, just in case."

"Ooh, you're such a good boy."

"You wanna make me angry, puppeteer?" Roscoe snarled looking at Bickslow who just cackled.

"Do not pay too much attention to him", Ever chuckled. "Or he will tease you. Just ignore him and he'll get bored."

"Why did you tell him?" Bickslow groaned. "Now there's no fun anymore!"

At their house Freed opened the door to his room that he had cleaned thoroughly.

"You can stay here, Madam", he said.

"I knew you were a bookworm", Roxanne chuckled looking around, seeing many bookshelves that took most of the space in the room. "That's really nice. Do you mind if I read something?"

"Of course not, but... Not every book is probably something you might like", Freed said blushing slightly.

"Gay novels? You thought I didn't guess that already?" Roxanne cackled putting her bag on the bed. "Don't worry, sugar. It's not my business what you like to read or not. If I see some book I don't wanna read, I just leave it there it's that simple."

They looked up when they heard loud arguing from the attic that was Bickslow's room, where Roscoe would sleep in a spare bed.

"Those two are definitely brothers", Roxanne chuckled taking out her clothes and put them in the wardrobe Freed had emptied. "I'm so glad they could finally meet."

"Me too", Freed smiled. "Bickslow might be happy with just us and Fairy Tail, but I know he has thought it many times where he is from. I'm grateful that you decided to take contact with him."

"I know, sugar. I just hoped that I would have done so a long time ago."

Freed wanted to say that he wished so too, but didn't say it. What he had imagined the time when Roxanne saw Bickslow in the magazine... It was the time what Bickslow definitely didn't want Roxanne to know. Freed was pretty sure that Roxanne would understand but that wouldn't take away the shame in Bickslow's heart still.