Chapter 4 La Pasión

Shen Min came from a family of doctors and used what little medical training she had to care to Dante's wounds but he wasn't getting any better. For nights he would howl in pain and much of the camp felt sorrow for the young athlete. "He lost a lot of blood, I don't know why he isn't getting any better, the spear missed anything serious but he's gotten much worse."

The camp didn't want to lose their classmate they already lost everything and now their numbers were shrinking. The leaders knew they were gonna have to defend their camp at all costs

Kara and Tobious didn't want to take any chances, They released the remaining duffel bags and over the next few days gave students military grade equipment and training despite their knowledge of weaponry. Creating sniper specialists, surgeon shotgunners and within a week all of Kara's training from Langley was laid out. She warned they should never be used unless absolutely necessary, most students agreed to her terms. Kara reminded them of the uncharted terrain they were in, going against dragons and hybrids."During WW2 most soldiers wouldn't fire their weapons out of empathy for taking another life, if every soldier had done their duty the great world wars would've been over in a matter of weeks."

'The Supreme Art of War is to subdue the enemy without fighting' - Sun Tzu

A week later one cold morning Spyro and Cynder decided it was time to track down their camp. Several miles from Warfang they flew and spotted a terrain near the massive crater where a burning campfire blew smoke. They approached through the thick fields with a small army of cheetah soldiers and other dragons. Flame and Jubez included. Kara was on morning watch gathering berries and food grains about a mile away from camp. She came across a bunker, "A bunker? In this world? No way... Unless..." Kara didn't think twice, she quickly grabbed tree leaves and hid the large metal floor.

Then, between two large oaks she spotted the cheetahs above the trees half a mile from camp, without a second thought she pulled out her sidearm and fired 3 warning shots, they continued to approach her and she ran straight towards the closest nearby cliff.

Cynder noticed she was alone and called out "Wait! We mean no more harm, I promise!" unknowledgeable if Kara heard, she continued to run in the opposite direction. The cheetahs chased after and were much faster, Kara accepted she wouldn't make it back to the camp in time. She quickly pulled out her phone and speed dialed Tobias's number. One of the cheetahs sprint burst and tackled her to the ground near the edge of a cliff, but not before she could push the speaker button, "Kara, I heard a gunshot! where are you!?"

Kara began to struggle with the large cat on her fighting him off, "Tobi!, they're in the Trees! East side! 500 meters! Tell them!" The dragons knew they were off to another rocky start. Before they could explain, Tobi hung up. Cynder tried calming the human warrior down while the cheetah struggled to restrain her, "Wait! Kara, we're not here to hurt your people." Kara throat punched the cheetah off her then stood up in a defensive position with part of the army facing her, gun pointed towards Cynder, "Get Back! Come any closer and I'll jump!" Spyro and Cynder knew she was literally on edge, "Don't be scared, we promise we came here to make peace!" Spyro said. Kara remained skeptical, "why the army, why bring the weapons!? You came to attack us!"

Alban stepped out from behind his men and cautiously moved towards her, "they're just a precaution my dear, please, let's discuss this." She felt even less secure when she saw the commander step out, before she could speak her foot slipped off the edge, "Ahhh." Kara fell off a steep ledge, without hesitation Spyro quickly nose dived off the cliff after her and grabbed her before she hit the ground. "Why... Why did you save me?" Kara said half scared to death as she clinged onto his neck. Spyro brought her back to the edge of the cliff and let her down easy, "Because you fell."