Seven

Seven

"I heard you made it into Guy's Sports club," your silver haired teacher said. "I must say, I'm impressed."

You were here now, in detention with Mr. Hatake for being 40 seconds late. All you truly wanted was to go home after that intense basketball game with Coach Guy, so it was a given that you were pretty pissed off. The silver weasel seemed to have taken a hint of that because he'd been trying to get you to talk to him for the past 10 minutes.

"He's very extreme you know? Will you be able to handle it?" he asked, with that stupid concerned voice again.

Why was he so worried about you all the time? He treated you like you were some fragile object that could easily break into numerous pieces. He had no idea what you could handle.

"I'll be fine," you snapped, annoyed at how little he thought you were capable of.
"If you say so," he whispered, leaning on your desk.
"Hey, I've been wondering," you said, looking at him carefully. "How'd you get that scar on your eye?"
"I don't really feel like telling you," he answered with a smile. "What are you doing this weekend?"

The weasel then took a seat beside you, instead of sitting at the teacher's desk.

"Staying home as always," you replied, rolling your eyes at how rudely he had avoided your innocent question.
"Do you hate me?" he asked, looking at you with eyes that were much more softer now, than they had been before. "Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised."

You sighed.

"I don't," you answered truthfully. "I should, but I don't."
"There are many things you shouldn't do.. but you do them anyways," he said, shaking his head.
"Really? Like what?" you asked curiously.

You noticed your former cranky mood had began changing into a much cheerful one. You liked this not-a-dickhead side of Mr. Hatake. It felt like he was starting to warm up to you.

"Like joining the wrong crowd," he answered, almost sounding a little sad.

You knew where this conversation was headed. Just like everyone else, he disliked you being friends with Pein's group.

"What are you doing this weekend, Mr. Hatake?" you asked, slyly transitioning away from the sensitive topic.
"I'm going to the hospital to read for some children," he answered. "Didn't you choose Nursing as your potential College Major today?"

You remembered ticking off the "Nursing" box at today's College Preparatory class about Potential Majors. They just handed out paper slips at the end of the class with your names and provided you a wide variety of Majors you might be interested in. You had always wanted to become a Nurse ever since the day you were born. You wanted to make everyone- healthy or not, feel comfortable in their skin. You wanted to take care of them. It was something you felt very passionate about.

"Yea, I didn't know you were watching me," you teased, a smirk tugging at the corner of your lips.
"Hah," he laughed sarcastically. "Anyways, I'd like you to join me. I'm sure the kids would-"
"I'd love to! I've always wanted to volunteer for things like this," you answered, excitedly.
"Haven't you ever volunteered before?" he asked, his brows beginning to furrow in confusion.
"No.. I.. couldn't," you replied. "But no matter, I'll be glad to join you this weekend."
"Please call me Kakashi," he requested, looking a bit nervous. "This weekend, I mean."
"Sure," you beamed, beginning to like this new side of him. "Kakashi."

* * * 

Your car

You walked to your car, which was quite easy to find since almost all the students had already gone home

You walked to your car, which was quite easy to find since almost all the students had already gone home. There were only a couple cars, vastly spread out among the large parking lot. The day had finally come to an end.

As you slowly reached the vehicle, you noticed a tall figure standing by it. You finally got close enough to clearly see who the person was and..

What the hell?! What the hell was he doing here?

You felt your heart begin to race as your stomach threatened to fall out of your ass. You tried to take a deep breath in but your lungs suddenly seemed to forget how to even breathe. Breathe you idiot, you reminded yourself.

"Y/N? It's you.. it's really you," his voice rang in your ears, just the same as you had heard it a couple years ago.

He even looked the same, except he'd gotten much more taller and clearly much more muscular. His normally dark brown hair seemed to change in the light of the setting sun. His eyes.. his beautiful brown eyes were gleaming at the sight of seeing his beloved after such a long, long time. Even after all the years that had passed, you were beginning to realize that.. he still had the same effect on you.

It was like, he never left. Like nothing had changed.

"Y/N.." he whispered, stepping forward to close the already small space in between the two of you.

He gently placed a hand on your waist, pulling you into him.

"Genma," you whispered, allowing your mind and body to lose itself in his warm embrace.

Genma Shiranui.