Twenty Five

Twenty Five

"Okay Shisui," Konan said, turning her attention to the dark-haired male. "Finally it's your turn. Truth or dare?"

The male ran his long fingers through his unkempt hair, as a sign of indecisiveness. Should he play it safe and choose truth or perhaps try to be bold and go with dare?

"Dare," Shisui finally answered, after recalling the dare that was given to Deidara.

He felt his muscles unintentionally tense up at the thought of you and Deidara sharing a kiss, even though he knew full and well that it was just a dare. It's the only thing he'd been telling himself since the moment it had happened.

"Very well Uchiha," Konan commented. "I dare you to kiss any redhead that's here right now."

The boy let out a long sigh before studying his options carefully: Sasori, Karin or Tayuya. He couldn't kiss Tayuya because she was practically with Kisame. He didn't want to kiss Sasori for obvious reasons- he wasn't gay, all though he didn't have anything against that. His only reasonable prospect was Karin, but even that wasn't what he truly desired.

What he truly desired was far out of his reach and safely tucked under Sasori's warm sweater. What he truly desired was safely wrapped under Deidara's greedy arms. What he truly desired was her.

And only her.

"Karin, I guess," the boy muttered, about to get up from his seat.

But before he could, the chosen redhead quickly skipped towards him and casually sat on his lap.

"I'm ready," she cooed, smirking.

The rest of the group began to cheer and whistle in approval of Karin's promiscuous actions.. all except for you. For some reason, your eye had decided to twitch uncontrollably at the sight, so you decided that it'd be best to just look away.

The minute Shisui leaned in to kiss the redhead, your head instantly turned towards the opposite direction. No way I'm watching this, you thought to yourself. You didn't know what you felt exactly, but you were slightly annoyed. Not at anyone or anything in particular, which made it all the weirder.

"Awww!" you heard Tayuya gush.

Ugh. The strange, bothersome feeling in the pit of your stomach was starting to grow.

"Hey," Deidara's voice whispered into your ears. "You okay?"
"Yea, I just got something in my eye," you lied, avoiding any eye contact with the blonde.

Because if he saw you in this state, he'd know in an instant that you were lying.

"Well.." he said, getting up from his seat. "I'm going to bed, you coming?"
"You go ahead, I'll come in a second," you promised, giving him a half-hearted smile.

Everyone had divided into groups of 2 or 3 as tent partners. You would be in the same tent as Deidara, which was pretty anticlimactic.

"Watch out for the bears, sexy," he smirked, taking his half-naked self inside one of the very many tents.

As if on cue, everyone else also began getting up and heading into their own respective tents. You heard a couple of them mutter soft goodnights to you as you stayed put, enjoying the warmth of the bonfire. You sink deep into your own never-ending series of thoughts, much like the night sky that was above you.

"Yo," you heard a familiar voice say. "We're going hiking tomorrow morning. Why're you still out there?"

You didn't even have to look at the person to know who it was.

Shisui.

"Just enjoying the view," you replied, gazing up at the stars. "You?"

"Just enjoying my view," he answered, a small smile forming on his face. "I can't read your mind but I can tell something's bothering you."

"How so?"

"Well.. you're sitting alone, unaware of your surroundings, wistfully looking up at the stars, furrowed eyebrows. Should I go on?" he asked, taking a seat beside you. "I study Psychology, and this is called detecting facial expressions."

"I know," you stated, playfully rolling your eyes. "I've taken it twice."

"So then what's wrong?" he nudged, eyeing you curiously.

"I don't know," you muttered, truthfully.

Ever since he was given that dare, something felt slightly off. Your mind and heart were completely out of sync and you just felt really nauseous.

"Maybe you should go rest," he suggested. "I'm sure Deidara would agree."

"Why does it matter what Deidara thinks?" you asked, irritated. "Maybe you should go rest. I'm sure Karin would agree."

He chuckled, revealing his annoyingly irresistible dimples.

"I'm actually tenting with Itachi," he said as his smirk faltered. "Not Karin."

You looked away in embarrassment, unsure of what had taken over you just now. Why the hell am I acting like this? you thought. You only had one bottle of beer, which shouldn't have even gotten you drunk.

Right?

"Have fun with Deidara though," he mumbled, getting up from his seat. "Goodnight."

You felt your arm twitch as you brought it up to grab the raven-haired boy's hand. What am I doing? you asked yourself. But soon enough, your hands had already grabbed onto Shisui and pulled him to you. His warm body fell lightly on top of yours, due to your sudden action. You two were now barely an inch or two away from having your lips touch one another, for the first time ever.

The crackling fire in the background had created an orangish hue over your faces, causing your eyes to gleam ever so slightly. His dark orbs searched into yours, with a mixture of uncertainty and passion. Your wandering eyes unconsciously gazed down at his soft lips before looking back up into his salacious ones.

"You look cute," he whispered softly, studying your face while still hovering above you.

"Just kiss me."

* * *

She left to go camping with her friends this evening," Kimimaro reported back to his sadistic master.

They were sitting comfortably inside the fancy black limo, heading home after a long day at the office. It felt so refreshing for Orochimaru, to finally hear some news about the bewitching beauty that he'd soon get to call his fiancé.

"Very well," the master replied. "It's fine. Let her enjoy these last few months."

"Lord.. with all due respect," Kimimaro said, building enough courage to finally ask the one question he had been wondering so long about. "Do you really plan on breaking the promise you made to her? Would you really marry her against her will?"

"My dear Kimimaro," Orochimaru replied, in a calm manner. "You didn't really think that I was going to keep those promises, to begin with, did you?"

"I did.. because you're not a liar," the white-haired male answered, innocently. "She is only eighteen."

"I did what I had to in order to get her to be my fiancé. After that, it doesn't really matter whether or not she wants to get married because that will happen regardless. I only gave her the illusion of having a choice so she'd feel obligated to say yes," the sneaky man explained.

As the words left his mouth, Kimimaro's pale body grew numb. There was no way his master was as selfish as this, right? There was no way his master was some ruthless, psychopath who was obsessed with a girl nine years younger than he. Lord Orochimaru probably just loved this girl with all his heart to go through so much trouble. Yes, perhaps that was it.

"The only choice she ever truly had was to be mine or to be killed."

Or perhaps that wasn't it.