Thirty One

Thirty One

This is the end, you thought as your eyelids grew heavy. This is how it ends.

You heard their piercing cries full of concern, but somehow the cries didn't seem to reach you. They were undoubtedly loud, but they were slowly fading into mere whispers in the background. Until you could no longer hear anything at all.

"Fuck," Shisui cursed, probably for the first time. "We're losing her."
"No!" Konan cried out. "Y/N, keep your eyes open, you hear me? Keep them open and stay awake."
"H-How's Deidara doing?" Tayuya asked, looking at the male's body lying next to a fatally injured Y/N. "Is he breathing?"
"Yes," Sasori replied. "He made a quick U-Turn to avoid crashing into the deers but Y/N's side hit the trees pretty hard. Especially at the speed we were going."
"You fucking idiot!" Hidan yelled out, pointing his finger at an injured Deidara. "Who the fuck cares about deers?"
"That- That's," the blonde struggled to answer. "That's what I said but sh- she got a hold of the steering wheel."
"Ugh!" Hidan groaned in frustration. "Leave it to Mother Theresa to get herself killed over a deer."

The atmosphere had become so overwhelmed with tension that it was almost too difficult for everyone to breathe. The same air that had once given life to the group was now toxic; stained with the blood of their very own friend.

The silent group suddenly perked up at the sight of a flashing ambulance, acting as a flashing gleam of hope. It had the ambulance quite long to get there considering the fact that there were no hospitals around, but at least they were here.

"It's a surprise your phone even had signal, for you to call the ambulance," Itachi said to the other Uchiha of the group.
"When you truly want something," Shisui said while carrying Y/N's unconscious body in his muscular arms. "The whole universe conspires in your favor."

The peculiar, long-haired Uchiha was left stunned. His eyes, the Itachi thought. His eyes were burning with passion.

* * *

"Please, don't worry about the bills," Kimimaro said to the male in the white coat. "Just make sure he gets the best treatment you have to offer."
"Of course," the Doctor replied, sincerely. "Anything for a Kaguya clan member."
"Thank you, Doctor," the white-haired male smiled before walking out of the grey hospital room.

Genma is now in safe hands, he thought. Now time to keep the girl under my protection as well, since Orochimaru will soon find out what I have done.

Keeping the girl in his thoughts, he began to walk down the cold, marble stairs of the hospital. Where should he start looking? Perhaps he should wait at her home, for her to return from that camping trip. Yes, that would make sense. But he couldn't just leave Genma unattended. He had gone through a lot of trouble driving to the farthest part of Konoha, for Genma to be safe in this hospital that Orochimaru had no idea about. But.. that didn't mean that the bruised up male would be entirely safe.

His internal thoughts were soon interrupted when his bright, green eyes widened as spotted a surprisingly familiar face being rushed in a wheeled stretcher with a black-haired male rushing beside it. Kimimaro quickly rushed down the stairs in hopes of spotting the familiar face once again but unfortunately, his luck had run short. They had already seemed to vanish into the lengthy and somber hallway of the hospital.

Am I going crazy? he asked himself. Or was that Orochimaru's fiancé-to-be?

He quickly paced himself towards the entrance where the receptionist was seated, thinking that there was no harm in making sure that that wasn't who he thought it was.

"Excuse me," he politely said once he reached the bored receptionist.
"Yes, do you need help?" she asked with a small smile.
"I was wondering," Kimimaro began to say. "Who-"

"Kimimaro?!"

The male quickly turned his body around unsure of who could've recognized him at a place like this. As he did, he was greeted by a familiar blue-haired girl with piercings.

"Konan?" he questioned, unsure of what she was doing here.

Wait.. he thought, putting two and two together. So that really was Y/N?

"What are you doing here?" she questioned, as the rest of her group began entering in behind her. "Did you know Y/N was going to be here?"
"No, but why is she here?" the white-haired male pried.
"We got.. We got in a car accident," she replied, looking down guiltily.
"Why are you guys coming just now?" the male questioned. "She's already been wheeled in by the nurses."
"Only one person could accompany her in the ambulance, and Shisui insisted," Kisame spoke up. "We followed behind in our cars."
"And who are you?" Kimimaro inquired.

There were three new faces in the high schooler's group. A redhead, a blue-haired and a dark-haired male.

"No matter," Itachi then stated. "You can go report to Y/N's father now, please excuse us."

So they think I still work for her father, Kimimaro concluded.

With that, the group began to shuffle their way through the morbid hallway, perhaps to wait by Y/N's room for the Doctor's update.

As long as word of this doesn't get out, Orochimaru shall never find us, Kimimaro thought victoriously. He then placed his hand on his hip, relaxing when it met with his Robin- his .22 caliber pistol.

We'll be fine.