Nineteen

Nineteen

"What's wrong with you?" you asked, facing Kimimaro once you two were away from Pein's group. "You can't talk to my friends like that."

"They're not your friends," Kimimaro replied, once again indifferently. "They're admirers."

"Okay? Friends are supposed to like one another, a concept you wouldn't understand," you spat angrily, grabbing your drink from the dispenser.

This was the third time today he'd disrespected one of your friends, for simply just talking to you. Was he out of his mind, to think that he can control your life and your decisions?

"But they look idiotic fighting over you," he reasoned. "You're Lord Orochimaru's soon to be fiancé. They can't-"

"Call Orochimaru," you rudely interrupted the white haired male.

"Why?"

"Call Orochimaru."

"Here," he said handing you the phone.

You placed it beside your ear and waited until you finally heard a hello from the other line.

"Hello beautiful, how may I be of your service today?"
"We need to talk face to face. Today."
"Why so eager my love? Is something wrong?"
"Yea actually, I'm getting sick of your bodyguard following me everywhere. It's getting ridiculous."
"It's for your safety-"
"No it's to keep an eye on me, in case I run away. Isn't it?"
"Well-"
"Save it, Orochimaru. I'll see you after school?"
"How can I possibly say no to you? I'll be there."

• • •

"Alright, they're getting out of the car," TenTen informed the group.

The group had actually ended up following through with Naruto's idea of stalking Y/N home. Since TenTen's car could only hold 5 people, only four more people were able to come along with her. Sasuke, Naruto, Kiba and Hinata.

"We'll leave the car once they're inside the house," Sasuke stated, eyeing the beautiful girl and her annoying bodyguard walking into the luxurious home.

Sasuke had too much pride to admit it, but he often found himself worrying about the two's relationship, even if he was just her bodyguard. They spent quite a lot of time together and it didn't take a genius to notice that everyone who met her would- whether or not they planned to- eventually fall for her.

It was annoying, having feelings and all. How did the great Sasuke even end up here? Following a girl home? Being jealous? Worrying? It was so unlike him.

Did he feel this way because of all the private conversations he'd shared with Y/N? Whispering to each other at the back of class. Arguing about ridiculous conspiracy theories. Sharing funny childhood stories. Or was it the way she was so passionate about helping people? The way she accepted everyone with open arms, including his idiot friend, Naruto. What was the reason behind all his conflicting feelings?

"Earth to Sasuke," Kiba said, snapping the dark haired male back to reality. "They're inside."

"Alright, let's go," Sasuke replied, opening the car door and leading the other four through the unknown property.

* * *

"What the hell? I can't hear anything!" Naruto complained, loudly.

"Shut up you idiot!" Kiba whisper-yelled to the blonde. "They might hear us."

The 5 had been spying on Y/N for the past 10 minutes through the windows in the back of the house. All though they were able to see all that was happening, they couldn't hear a single thing. So far they hadn't noticed anything suspicious, Y/N was simply sitting on the couch beside Kimimaro.

"Wait," TenTen said, grabbing everyone's attention. "Kimimaro is walking towards the door. Someone must've rang the doorbell."
"Is it her Dad?" Naruto asked, squinting his eyes to see clearly.
"He looks way too young to be her Dad," TenTen said, examining the man carefully. "He has really long, straight hair."
"W-Why is Kimimaro bowing to him?" Hinata whispered.
"Well who is-"
"HE JUST KISSED Y/N!" TenTen exclaimed, interrupting Naruto.
"WHAT?" Kiba yelled, hogging the window all to himself.
"MOVE KIBA, LET ME SEE!" Naruto groaned.

All though done unconsciously, Sasuke had balled his fists in anger after seeing the event that was taking place right in front of his eyes. If Y/N had a boyfriend, she would've told him. Wouldn't she? So this man was most certainly not her boyfriend. A friend, perhaps?

But he kissed her. Friends don't just do that.

"Aw that's so cute!" TenTen gushed, unable to tear her eyes away from the couple. "He just gave her a present, it has a bow on it."
"I've had enough of this, I'm outta here," Naruto said, a little pissed off.

That wasn't the only thing Naruto was feeling. Actually, he didn't really know what he was feeling. He was frustrated and angry and heartbroken and confused. How could he have just let her slip right through his fingers?

"I'm going in," a certain, dark haired male stated.

"What? Sasuke-"

"Don't try to stop me."

* * *

"What the hell is wrong with you?" you asked, pushing his muscular figure off of you. "You can't just buy me a necklace and kiss me everytime I'm mad at you."

"You don't like it?" Orochimaru questioned, the hurt was clear in his voice.

"It's not that. I just.. I feel like a caged bird," you said, on the verge of tears. "You told me I could have a normal senior year, but this is far from that. I'm escorted everywhere by Kimimaro. I can't see my friends, I can't invite anyone over, I can't be normal."

"And what are you trying to say?" Orochimaru asked, inching closer to you. "Tell me what you want."

He looked at you with sympathetic eyes. He hated seeing you upset, especially if you were on the verge of tearing up. You two had established that as long as you had a normal senior year, you'd agree to be his fiancé. You two had also agreed that after your engagement, the wedding date would be completely left up to you. You could wait as long as you wanted to actually get married and Orochimaru wouldn't mind at all.

"I don't want Kimimaro to be my bodyguard anymore," you blurted out.

"But.. I.. alright," he reluctantly agreed.

"Really?!" you exclaimed, shocked by how easily he agreed.

"As long as you're still my soon to be fiancé," the sneaky man said. "If not.. well you know the rest, my love."

You gulped. Your throat suddenly felt dry. Of course you knew. How were you supposed forget? The seriousness of his tone as he spoke those words. The gleam of evil in his eyes when he told you, his painfully honest confession.

"You'll be mine or you'll be dead."