15. Betrothal Announcement

Once Aria had her dress back on, she sighed, the smile on her face couldn't be hidden. Eret kept giving her sideways glances as he tied on his fur vest with a grin of his own. Finally, he spoke, "ready to go home now, love?"

Aria hummed gently and walked to the shoreline. After watching the waves ripple at the horizon for a moment, she responded with a smile, "yes." So she and Eret mounted their dragons and headed home. The moon and stars guided their way as they flew in a peaceful silence.

• • •

The moon was setting by the time Aria and Eret arrived home. They shared a meaningful hug, then went to their seperate huts to sleep. However, it wasn't long before the village began to wake, and sleeping was no longer an option. Aria, only having gotten two hours of rest, stumbled out of bed and over to her mirror. She hadn't bothered changing to sleep, but now she decided it was a good idea to.

⇧ With navy blue leggings and black ⇧fur boots

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

⇧ With navy blue leggings and black ⇧
fur boots.

After deciding on her outfit, Aria left her home to go get something to eat. In the Great Hall, she met up with Astrid and Hiccup. Together they sat down and began to eat. But they must've noticed the joy in Aria's heart spreading to her face, for they questioned her.

"So, where'd you run off to last night?" Hiccup asked curiously, a small smirk on his lips.

"Oh, we just went for a fly," Aria responded quickly.

Astrid raised an eyebrow and looked between the siblings with an amused grin. "Just for a fly, huh?" She questioned suspiciously, "you were gone all night."

Finally, Aria gave in a bit more. "Okay, so we went out pretty far," she told them reluctantly. But her brother's eyes begged her to explain further. Rolling her eyes, Aria felt her cheeks blush as she gave in, "to the island where we found him and Midnight after he went missing."

Hiccup raised his eyebrows and grinned, "wow, that is far. What were you guys doing all the way out there?"

"We just wanted some time away from all of the people," Aria sighed, "you guys know what that's like."

Just then, Aria spotted Eret coming their way. There was a proud smile on his face as he sat down beside her, placing a gentle arm around her back. "Hello, beautiful," he greeted her.

Aria, who was still nervous about being so affectionate in public, blushed even harder now. Eret chuckled and kissed her temple. Hiccup and Astrid exchanged a look of surprise. His sister and Eret had always been secretive about their relationship; what had changed?

Knowing that Hiccup must've been tortured by the amount of questions he wanted to ask, Aria looked at him shyly and told him quietly, "Hiccup, Eret has asked me to marry him..and I've accepted."

Hiccup and Astrid both smiled wildly. He looked from Eret to Aria with joy, "what?! Aria, Eret..you guys..." He trailed off, not knowing what to say. Finally he asked, "does mom know about this yet?"

Aria shook her head and replied, "you're the first we've told."

Placing a hand on the top of his head, the chief still wore a look of awe on his face. He laughed lightly with wide eyes and breathed, "wow.."

Eret felt his chest flutter when he saw the happy reactions from his friends. And when the rest of the dragon riders came over to see what the commotion was all about, he told them, as well. Everyone of their close friends now knew. Then, it was time to tell Valka.

Aria and Eret approached the woman while she worked in the newly built dragon nursery. She was helping a baby monstrous nightmare stretch it's wings for the first time when she noticed them. With a smile in their direction, she carefully set the baby down and greeted, "what can I do for you two?"

The two exchanged a smile and took each other by the hand. When they told Valka the news, her eyes watered with happiness and she hugged them both. And through her excitement, she muttered small, 'I told you so's that made Aria blush and laugh.

The rest if the day went by fast. Soon, everyone in the village knew of their betrothal, and the couple couldn't have been happier.

• • •

Aria laid back on Midnight as the titan wing glided smoothly through the clouds. Weeks had passed since her betrothal with Eret. And after spending the past few days helping plan her brother's upcoming wedding, she was more than relieved to finally have some time to herself. As much as she loved to spend time with her friends and loved ones, Aria enjoyed the peace and quiet of flying Midnight in the evening light.

But soon, the sun disappeared completely. Aria sat up with a calm sigh. Patting Midnight on the neck, she spoke, "alright, boy, let's head on back." The dragon squawked in agreement and turned toward Berk.