The Fair

"We're here." I smiled, watching Nina's eyes light up, looking around.

"You brought me to.... A circus?" She asks me, her face bewildered.

"Yeah." I replied, taking in the setting of the big Ferris wheel, the roller coasters, everything. "I know every good ride."

"Let's go! Hurry hurry!" She bounces, and I take in her cuteness once again. Who would have known the most popular guy in school would have fallen for the school nerd. It's like a cliché movie or book.

But it's not a book, and I think I am in love with her. She's a nerd, true, but she's so smart and funny, and playful, adorable, the list goes on and on....

We walk up to the ticket guy. I buy us a fast pass, so that we can skip lines. When we enter, Nina literally does a cartwheel.

"Oh my Fang. Look how cool this is. Can we go on that first?" She asks me, with puppy dog eyes.

"Fine." I laugh, and we run to the Terminator. Personally, I might be a little scared. There's a reason that I never went on any rides with my other friends. But I want to impress Nina.

-AFTER THE RIDE-

I think I'm gonna be sick. My whole body is still shaking, and my stomach is in my head. This really stinks.

"That was fun? How about the ultra-spinneroo?" Nina grins. My stomach goes to my head again.

"How.... about we go and uh, get food and play some games instead?"

She pouts, but as soon as she sees the concession stands she perks up again. "They have FRIED DOUGH here!!! Oh my Fang! I need it. Frieeeddd doouuughhh!" Before I can stop her, she runs over and orders it. When she pulls out her money to pay, I frown, and shove the money at the guy.

"I'm paying. It's our date."

"Date?"

Opps. Did I really say that. Oh great, what an idiot. "Uhhh, well I mean, uh, that came out wrong. Its a friend date. Like, friends. Just friends, right?" I say. For a second, I think I see something in her eyes drop. But it's gone in a moment.

"Yeah, I know that's what you meant. After all, we are just friends. Nothing more." She smiles, turning to get the fried dough from the dough guy.

That stings, I admit. I want to be hers, and she mine. It stinks.

After I get my food, a slushy, and a crepe, we sit on a bench and eat.

"So, have you ever had a boyfriend?" I asked, curious.

She blushes beat red. "Well, this is kinda embarrassing, but no. I never have been on a date, or kissed anyone. Nobody wants to kiss a nerd."

"It's okay that you have never had a kiss, Nina. It's fine. And you're not a nerd. Trust me. A lot of guys would like you if they got to know you, because who wouldn't. You're perfect." I whisper speak the last words. I wish I could instead say those three little words, but I can't.

"You're perfect too." She whispers, and I get lost in her beautiful eyes. They stare back into mine, and we get a little bit closer, slowly being pulled in. Soon, our faces are an inch away, and I see her close her eyes. I shut mine too, about to close the distance between us.

Stop! This isn't right! She likes someone else!

I snap out of it, and back away. She opens her eyes, and they look hurt. "I have to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back." I jump up, and hurry away. It kills me, but it's better this way. I don't want to take her first kiss from her if she likes someone besides me.

When I get back, it's a little weird, but soon everything is back to normal when we go on the Ferris wheel and a couple other rides.

"This is so much fun! Can we play that?" She points to the basketball shooting game, and I grin. Finally, something I am good at. Basketball is a sport that I actually can do.

"Let's do it!" We walk over, grinning.

"Welcome to the shooter hooper. Get 15 baskets in 2 minutes and win a prize. Get 25 in 3 minutes and win a bigger prize, and win the grand prize if you can do 35 in four minutes. Let's see what you can do. Which prize do you want to win for the lady?" I am about to say the grand prize, because the bigger prizes are always better, but Nina speaks up.

"I would like to do the 15 baskets please!" She smiles. Her smile soon fades though when it's been 45 seconds and she hasn't made a basket yet.

"Here, let me help." I say, and wrap my arms around her, taking her hands and putting them in mine. Despite the constant sparks, I start shooting with her hands, and have made 10 when the buzzer rings.

"Oh well, that's okay." I shrug, and she pulls me into a hug.

"Thank you for helping me." I hug back, and I am grinning so much.

"You're such a cute couple." The guy says, and we both blush. "Here's a prize, anyway." He hands her a little teddy bear and she grins.

"Thank you." She smiles a huge smile, and we walk away.

"That was embarrassing." I said at last.

"Yeah, it was. Let's just forget about it, okay?" Nina mumbles, and I realize she looked really tired. Guess today was a lot of action. As soon as we get in the car, she dozes off to sleep.

And with that, I drive her home, glancing at her beautiful face and her snores the whole way back.

_________________________________________________________________________

Hi Everyone!

I just want to say, right now there have been around 250 reads, and I am so happy I could cry. This is great. As Nina says, Oh my fang.

Thank you anybody who has read this, voted, commented, and anything. Thanks!

@Chelsea_Huns You will be in the next chapter, Okay?

Remember, if u want to be a character comment!

Peace out,

~S.