(23) Chloe Graduates

It was May 20th Chloe was still sleeping in her room when everyone was downstairs Sarah was making breakfast for her last graduate. Winnie and James were helping with balloons as well as Bucky and Steve and Natasha in the dining room with the door closed.

"Mom.. have  you seen my cap and gown?' Chloe said as she came into the kitchen.

"I finished your cap last night it's laying in my room on my dresser. And your gown is in the laundry room where I ironed it this morning." Sarah said

"Okay.. well I"m gonna go get ready." she said as she went into the laundry room.

"Okay honey breakfast will be ready soon." Sarah said

"Thanks mom." she said as she went back upstairs.

Bucky let out a sigh of relief when nothing was in the dining room. Sarah wanted to throw Chloe a surprise graduation party. So they were all setting everything up in the dining room.

"Buck.. I made sure nothing was in here that she needed." Winnie said

"Good." he said

Chloe texted Bucky "Hey you are coming to my graduation right? I mean I expected to have you wake me up this morning."

"Oops.." he said

"What?' Winnie said

He lets her read the message. "We have this you go cause she will start to think something is wrong." James said as he read it.

He snuck out of the dining room then went upstairs. He walked into her room "Baby I'm here I over slept." he said

"Oh..okay." she said as she stepped out of the bathroom.

She finished up her hair and make up. She came out and he said "You okay?'

"No.." she said

"Baby what's wrong?' he said as he pulled her into his lap.

"I just keep thinking about how my dad should be here.. " she said as she tried to swallow back tears.

"Shh doll baby you will ruin your make up. He is smiling down on you baby and he would be so proud of you. He was always so proud of you and how smart you are. You were his pride and joy you know that." Bucky said

"Yeah." she said

She got up and pulled on her dress and heels. He zipped up her dress as she slid on her ring he got her for her birthday the year before.