After A Rough Game (Colton Parayko x Reader)

Hit. Penalty. Hit. Missed call. Hit. Fight. Hit.

The game was brutal and Colton took a pretty hard hit from Seabrook about half way through the second, which made you nervous. Watching any of the guys get hit made you nervous, but when it was Colton...You knew how easy it was to get a concussion from a hit or just plain injured, so you always held your breath in times like that.

And Colton was fine; but, he wanted to get Seabrook back for the hit. You could tell that by the way he eyed the bench every time he went on the ice, the shifts just not lining up for Colton and Seabrook to be on the ice at the same time...

It was a little into the third period when Colton and Seabrook ended up on the ice at the same time and Colton had him in his sights. As soon as Seabrook had the puck, Colton gave him a hard hit in return which had you holding your breath while the fans cheered.

Seabrook popped right up from the hit and poked a few jabs at Colton before the two of them dropped the gloves. You shot right up to your feet as you watched. Colton landed a few hits, but Seabrook ultimately won.

And the Blackhawks ultimately won in over time...

As the Blues made their way off the ice and down the tunnel to the dressing room, you picked up your things and made your way down to the dressing room as well.

You waited in the hall for the players to come out of the locker room. As soon as the door opened, you lifted your head. Players started to make their way out of the locker room and eventually Colton made his way out.

You gave him a soft smile and Colton walked over to you. You opened your arms as he got closer and he melted into your arms, burying his face into your shoulder. You ran your hands down his back.

"Let's go home and take a bath, okay? I'll light some candles and we can just relax. Just the two of us, far away from all this and hockey." You whispered to him.

Colton pulled back from the hug and brought his hands up to cup your cheeks. "You always know what to say."

You smiled at him and nodded. "I know."

Colton was silent on the way home and once you got home, the two of you made your way towards your bedroom. You sat on your bed as Colton took his suit off before patting the space next to you.

"Do you... do you want to talk about it?" You asked softly. You didn't think he would and you had promised him a night away from hockey, but you thought you would ask, just to see.

Colton moved over to sit next to you and shrugged. "Not really."

You nodded and felt lips twitch into a small smile. "That's okay. I have a better idea anyways."

You leaned back down onto your bed before patting the space next to you. Colton cocked an eyebrow at you and you rolled your eyes and patted the empty space again. He laughed and slipped under the covers beside you. You let him get comfortable before resting your head on his chest.

The two of you stayed quiet for a while. You ran your finger over the lines of his muscles. Eventually he started to giggle softly.

"What?" You asked him, shifting to look at him.

"It tickles a little." He replied with a light laugh.

You couldn't help but laugh too, stopping your finger. "Sorry."

Colton shook his head. "Don't apologize. This is my favourite way of spending time with you."

"Yeah?" You asked softly.

He nodded. "Yeah."