1

Honey wondered why she did this to herself?

It was a never ending cycle with her. She would make a promise to herself to to bed early with the intention to have enough energy to function properly at school. Next thing she knew, it would nearing towards the early hours of the morning.

To make matters worse, she had to wake up at 7am for school. She would rush to school at times because she would end up snoozing her alarm over and over, resulting in her completely forgetting to eat anything before school.

Like a domino effect, she'll be in class with her stomach growling loudly for the whole class to hear. It could be so embarrassing, but somehow she managed to do this nearly day. She just didn't understand what wasn't clicking with her?

"Girl, you must be hungry as hell! I'm all the way back here tryna do my work, but all I hear is your stomach growling," Cyn pointed out, laughing from behind Honey.

Honey dropped her pencil in her open textbook, turning around with a deepened sigh. "You got that right sis. You know how I be. I woke up late again and now I'm so hungry like I could really bite into this wooden desk." She imagined it looking like a delectable milky chocolate bar.

Cyn scrunched up her nose in disgust, her brown eyes slightly wide. "Now that's just nasty. You know how many dirty lil kids done stuck their gum under these desks? You're gonna be eating nothing but germs and bacteria," She shook her head as she leaned back into the chair, resuming the act of jotting down the notes from the board.

Honey rolled her eyes in annoyance, "Only you would take me seriously. As if I'd really eat this hard, nasty ass desk. I won't have no teeth left and I'd die from an overdose on germs." If it was one thing her best friend was going to do was take her literal.

Just as Honey uttered those last words, the bell rang loudly above them signaling class to an end. Honey had already been through 2 of her 4 classes of the day. The school year just started a month ago and even though Honey graduates in May. It felt like it was taking forever to get here. She was tired of going to school the workload, the annoying teachers, the students were not worth it.

Luckily, she had her best friend Cynthia Brooks by her side to make things more bearable for her. Honey met Cyn when they were only in 9th grade and they've been attached to the hip ever since. Cyn was the closest friend Honey ever had and trusted her more than anyone else.

Honey started collecting her belongings from the table and shoved them into her book bag, daydreaming about the meal she was going to get from the cafe. She was so thankful that it was lunchtime. A break from lectures and an opportunity to eat.

"Slow down girl that food ain't going no where," Cyn mused as she watched her friend shove books into her bag as if her life depended on it.