27

Honey wiped her face of any emotion as she carefully observed DJ

Honey wiped her face of any emotion as she carefully observed DJ. She could feel the anger bubbling under the surface at the mere thought of DJ and Tasha speaking. Honey mentally convinced herself to relax. She haven't even gave DJ an opportunity explain herself yet.

DJ sighed and rubbed a hand across her forehead, "Tasha has been calling me for the last couple of days. She really fucked up with getting involved with 12 especially with the lengthy record she already got."

When did I ask for whole essay on Tasha's background? If she don't tell me what the fuck I wanna know I swear. It sounds like she's stalling to me. Honey mentally rolled her eyes. DJ better not play her like she stupid. It took everything in her to remain calm and keep her composure.

"She's been asking me if I had any old contacts of her folks from her Dad's side of the family. Since we go way back, I been looking for them and passing them over to her." DJ explained with a shrug as if it wasn't a big deal. But to the contrary it was.

Honey stared at her.

She cleared her throat, "So let me get this straight...you're helping Tasha in a situation that she caused?" She asked with a raised brow.

DJ blinked. "When you put it like that..."

"I'm only calling it for what it is." Honey explained simply, her tone was icy. Honey was so pissed off. Ever since her and DJ started talking. Tasha has always lingered around due to DJ's carelessness and oblivion. Honey was so tired of it. It's clear that as long as she deal with DJ...Tasha will always be in the shadows making their relationship more strained.

"Honey it's really not like that. I tried to ignore her. After she posted bail. She started showing up where I stay and calling me from different numbers practically begging for my help. It was hard to keep giving her the cold shoulder." DJ admitted, her troubled expression didn't go unnoticed by Honey.

"How long have you and Tasha been in contact?" Honey questioned with a tilt of her head.

DJ thought it over. "Not long just a couple of days."

Honey nodded her head slowly as she processed her words. For a second Honey felt torn. It was obvious that she liked and cared for DJ. However, if DJ truly thought Honey was going to stick around while she tried to help and be there for Tasha after what she did to Honey she was batshit crazy. Tasha was always going to be a threat to their relationship because DJ allows her to be. The fact that DJ is helping her get out the mess she created for jumping Honey unprovoked is fucked up. Who knows how far Tasha will take it while Honey and DJ is in a relationship? She went from being catty, to pouring drinks on her, kissing DJ and jumping her? Even though the proof is right there in DJ's face...her love for her best friend trumps everything. She didn't have to say it. Honey can clearly see it.