9

It's been approximately two weeks since the incident happened with DJ

It's been approximately two weeks since the incident happened with DJ. Honey hated that it still lingered in her mind whenever she caught glimpses of DJ at school. It could be due to her annoyance about how everything transpired. She never had any heated confrontations with people from school especially one that nearly escalated into a real fight.

Not only that, most of her annoyance stems from the fact that she entertained it when she should've just held her tongue and walked away. However, from the get go DJ been rubbing Honey the wrong way. She couldn't control her slick remarks or open frustration when it came to her. Honey felt the need to be the one to put DJ in her place because she knew this wasn't her first rodeo.

Given her reputation, she did this to everyone. It was nothing more unattractive than an unnecessary nasty attitude and if DJ thought Honey was going to take it.

She wasn't.

"Girl, are you there?"

Honey snapped out of her inners thoughts as Angel waved a hand in her face. "Sorry, what did you say?"

Angel chuckled slightly, reclining against the sofa with a smile. "I see. I was about to grab a drink and wanted to know if you wanted one?"

After being consumed with nothing, but school work. Honey figured it was best to enjoy a long weekend with the girls while Angel's parents were away. It was Friday, she intended on taking herself up on a break from all her hard work.

"If it has a chaser, then I'm on board."

"Lemme go whip them up! Be real back." Angel stood up from the couch and disappeared into the kitchen nearby.

Honey reverted her attention back on the girls as they gossiped loudly among themselves. Currently, it was Cyn, Robin and Amethyst in their pjs sitting on a makeshift pallet in Angel's living room. The chick flick playing on the television was completely abandoned by the girls as their attention were elsewhere.

"I ain't know he was slanging it like that." Robin exclaimed in surprise, wide eyed. "And he be eatin' the box?"

Amethyst nodded in confirmation. "Girl, yes! I told you he's good for it! That nigga is every girl's wet dream." She swooned with dreamy eyes. "He actually be caring about gettin' the girl off."

"Bitch, I heard that too. If I'm desperate enough, I know who exactly to go to with his fine ass." Cyn caught the tip of her nail in between her teeth, shaking her head as if she meant what she said.

Honey called her bluff, snorting slightly. "You know, you won't be going to him for a quick nut. Ain't no telling what he has if he gets around. Fine or not. It seems like he has mileage girl. It ain't worth catching a disease over." She chimed in on the conversation.