8 - [EDITED]

When the Cullen's found out about the storm during the weekend it was already decided that they were going to play baseball. 

It had been a while since Ashley last saw Paul and she wanted to meet with him. "Is it okay if I pass it this time?" Ashley asked her mom and grandma. 

"But honey, you know I need an extra pair of fresh eyes so that I could prove your dad's been cheating," Esme said with a chuckle. 

"Hey! I do not cheat," Emmett said, looking up from the TV. Sometimes, when he got too excited or emotional, his accent would come out. 

 "You so do dad!" Ashley said back.

"Maybe you guys can invite Bella, it could be nice," Ashley offered. 

Edward and Bella had been spending a lot of time together and except for the little awkward encounter, their formal meeting was a slight success. "What a great idea!" Esme exclaimed. 

"I'll talk to Edward,"

Since she got out of baseball and knowing her family, they were probably going to take a few hours until they came back. After they left Ashley left her house as well. 

She had texted Paul earlier and they were going to meet up at his house. His house was empty and they were going to hang out.

When Ashley pulled up she saw the door opening in the corner of her eyes. As she got out of the car Paul walked towards her with a grin on his face. He immediately pulled Ashley into a hug. 

"I missed you," Paul said. 

Ashley chuckled. "We were together a week ago," she said but he chuckled now, shrugging.

They walked into the house. It was small and a bit messy but Ashley didn't really mind. "What should we do?" Ashley asked Paul. 

He shrugged. "Movie?"  

Ashley nodded as she hopped onto the couch and Paul walked towards the DVD collection. "Uhm, I've got action and horror," he said when he turned around to Ashley with three DVDs. 

"No horror," Ashley said, furrowing her eyebrows," I don't like them,"

Paul nodded and let go of the two he was holding. "Then it's really not that hard to choose," he said as he put the action movie on.

Halfway through the movie, Ashley's phone rang. It was her mom. Her family couldn't have been back by now, it was still too early. "Hey?" Ashley opened the phone with her brows furrowed and in a curious tone. 

"Ashley, where are you?" Rosalie immediately asked. 

"I'm with, uhm, a friend," Ashley answered. "Is something wrong, mom?" she continued, sensing the discomfort in her mom's voice. 

"You're in La Push, correct?" Rosalie asked. 

"Yeah," Ashley answered. 

"Good, honey, something happened and we need to take care of it, we'll be going out of town, can you stay with your friend until we take care of it?" Rosalie asked her daughter. 

Ashley looked at Paul, who was watching her. Ashley knew he could hear the talk so she upped her eyebrows at him, asking it was okay if she stayed with him. Paul nodded. "Sure mom," 

"Okay, honey, take care, please, stay safe," Rosalie said before ending the call.

"Well, that was weird," Ashley huffed as she stared at the phone. 

This wasn't something her family did and that meant that something was seriously wrong. They've just supposed to be playing baseball, what could have gone wrong? Maybe it was something with Bella, maybe she hurt herself and someone lost control.