10 - [EDITED]

* 2 months later*

The whole Cullen family except for Edward was at the airport to greet Ashley back. 

Edward was with Bella. Ashley learned that he spent the whole vacation with her almost all the time. She was a bit disappointed in her uncle for not coming but she kind of understood and was sure he'd make up for it, somehow.

She spent the whole ride back and the evening telling the family about her internship. Because of her grandfather knowing the head of the firm, she wasn't given the crappy intern job of getting coffee, taking the trash out or anything unrelated to the work and actually learned something. She was now sure that being an architect was what she wanted.

When Ashley woke up all she wanted to do was to go see Paul. He hadn't known that she was back. The original plan was for her to come back Sunday night because school was starting Monday. 

But with a little help from her mom, she came back Saturday. Her dad was still not fond of the idea of Paul and Ashley being with him.

After having her breakfast Ashley pulled her mom aside. Rosalie was expecting the request from her daughter, she didn't understand the wolves and the imprinting very well but she understood love and she could see her daughter wanting to see the dog.

"I know dad's still against it, but I'd like to surprise him, you know?" Ashley asked her mother. 

Rosalie softly smiled. "I understand honey, I'll keep your dad busy," she responded. Even if he despised the boy and the situation, upon seeing the way Ashley's eyes shined Rosalie never became surer of her decision.

Rosalie ended up convincing Emmett to go hunting and a little date of their own and he gladly accepted it. After seeing her parents becoming a blur inside the forest Ashley started getting ready. It didn't take her long, given she wanted to get to Emily's house as soon as possible.

Just as she was going out she got stopped by Edward. "Hey, guess my little pain in the ass is back," he said smiling and opening his arms for a hug. 

Ashley smiled back as she ran to her uncle's arms and hugged him back. She missed him.

After the hug, Ashley hit Edward as hard as he could. "You asshole, I still haven't forgotten what you did before I left and you not coming," 

Edward softly nodded. "I never thought you did," he responded and Ashley rolled her eyes. 

Then she walked beside him towards the garage. "Going somewhere?" Edward asked behind her back. She nodded.

As Ashley got inside the car she felt the sudden movement in the car. It was Edward. "What are you doing?" Ashley asked him. 

Edward shrugged. "I know where you're headed, Emmett will have my head if I let you go," he said. 

Ashley rolled her eyes again. "Mom knows," she countered but it didn't work on her uncle. 

Edward shrugged again. Ashley sighed loudly as she turned on the car. Not even her vampire uncle could stop him from going. She wanted to see Paul and she was going to.

Edward seemed to lay back on the seat but Ashley was going to make him pay. So she started driving.

Ashley came to Bella's house. She got off the car and quickly went to knock on the door. Charlie Swan opened the door and Ashley couldn't be happier. "Ashley, I didn't know you were back!" Charlie said. "How was the capital?" 

Ashley smiled as she heard Edward getting out of the car and walking towards them. "Very educational sir, is Bella here?" she asked him. Charlie nodded and called for Bella.