Epilogue - [EDITED]

*Fifteen Years Later*

Ashley awoke to screams. When she opened her eyes, she saw the twins on the bed, jumping. Paul was kneeling next to them, ready to catch them if they fell. 

"Looks like you guys woke Mommy up," he chuckled. 

The twins cheered. "Yayyy!!! Mommy, Daddy made us breakfast, come," 

Ashley chuckled. "Alright, alright," 

Paul grabbed the twins and put them onto the ground. They raced each other to the kitchen. "Five minutes," Ashley groaned as she sat up. 

Paul leaned on for a quick kiss. "I'll try," he smiled. 

Paul followed after the kids while Ashley went to the bathroom. The last fifteen years were like a dream. 

Carlisle managed to save her. But Ashley Cullen died that day. Charlie Swan wrote it down as a car accident. 

Alice and Jasper's guy made her a fake I.D. She was now Ashley Hale. She and Paul went into hiding for a year in Seattle, then she started school again. 

Paul got a job in a mechanics shop like he said. He now owned the place. After Ashley recovered from the Volturi attack, she and Paul worked out their problems.

Ashley had graduated and started working in an architecture firm. They got married seven years ago and then had the twins four years ago. 

But Ashley had to give her family up. She couldn't see them. They only talked on the phone a couple of times. They couldn't be together physically anymore. The Volturi were watching them. 

But her family had been there for her. Just from afar. 

They were at the wedding. They watched it from the hill. They were outside of the hospital when Ashley gave birth. They specifically requested a room overlooking the parking lot so that the Cullens could see it from the window. 

When they went back to La Push to visit the pack, they would pass by each other on the road. Not saying a word. Ashley, Paul, and the twins would take walks inside the forest, close to the treaty line and the Cullens could see them from afar. 

Whenever they went on a family vacation, the Cullens, especially Rosalie and Emmett were there. Watching them from afar. Still looking over her shoulder to protect her and seeing her happy. 

Leah and Brad got together. They had one son so far. Kim and Jared were the first couple to get married after Sam and Emily. All of their children were close friends. Leah and Emily had made up and they were close just like they use to be. Sam and Emily had two children. 

In the fifteen years, Ashley only met her family physically once. On the twins' third birthday, they met up at Island Esme. Ashley, Paul, and the kids went to Brazil for their birthday. 

The Cullens happened to be in Brazil, in the Takuna tribe, visiting Nahuel and his aunt. They secretly made their way to the Island. 

Ashley still remembered the moment her family showed up. The way she hugged them for minutes. The way she cried. She was grateful for her life, but she missed her family too. She cried, even more, when she introduced her kids to her family. 

Rosie Hale-Lahote and Jax Hale-Lahote.

Ashley Cullen was dead. But Ashley Hale-Lahote had a life. She had a job, she was with the man she loved. She had kids, she had a life. Like her mother always wanted for her. 

And she named her daughter after her mother. Rosie was an exact image of Rosalie. Which really surprised Ashley since they weren't actually related by blood. And there were Paul's genes as well, but Rosie turned out just like Rosalie. Jax was the physical copy of Paul. 

Ashley was glad Rosie was like her mother. It would honor her mother. One Rosalie Hale didn't get to live her life, grow old with someone she loved, surrounded by her grandkids. The next one would get to do that. She would make sure of that.

Ashley would grow old with Paul, living her life to the fullest. Her kids and even grandkids would be by their side when they finally left this Earth. And she would have lived a happy life, full of happiness, loving Paul to the end. 

--------

Hello! Thank you to everyone who read my story to the end! Please share your feedback with me, it holds great importance to me! I hope you liked it! If you liked this story and my writing, I have started writing another Paul Lahote story called " Blood Is Thicker Than Water" which the first chapter is up, please check it out!