32 - [EDITED]

Ashley woke up half an hour later. She was in her bed and her dad was by her side. "Hey, kiddo. Welcome back," he smiled. 

"What... What happened?" 

"You fainted. Carlisle says it's nothing big. He says it because of exhaustion or something,"

She scratched her head. "Yeah... or maybe cause I fell in the woods earlier," 

He furrowed his brows. "The woods? What were you doing there?"

She shrugged. "I was with Jacob. He asked me to help him distract the wolves,"

Emmett sighed. "I'm going to kill him," 

"Dad... It's okay, they didn't harm me. I fell on my own," she replied. "In fact, none of them were close to me when I fell,"

He looked confused. "He left you alone in the woods?" he hissed. 

She shook her head. "Technically, I ran away from them," she said. Ashley took a deep breath. "How's Edward holding up?"

" He's more annoying than ever. He's waiting... We're all waiting," 

"So... so it worked?" 

Emmett nodded. "Yeah. Carlisle thinks so. He says we can't hear it because of the morphine they gave her right before. But that it's working,"

She nodded and even cracked a smile. That was good. That meant... that meant Bella was alive. Or would be. That she wouldn't be gone. 

"Has Edward killed Jacob for imprinting... yet?" she asked with a smirk. 

Emmett smiled. " Not yet. He'll probably leave the honors to Bella,"

Then someone knocked on the door. It was Rosalie. "Hey," she said with a smile. " I just wanted to check on you before I go," 

"Go where?" Ashley said. 

"To feed. Jasper, Alice, Edward, and I... well, you know," Rosalie replied.

Ashley nodded. "Oh, okay," she said. Rosalie quickly kissed the top of her head and then vanished. 

Emmett turned to Ashley. "Let's go and ask Carlisle to check your head out," 

"I'm fine," Ashley resisted.

Emmett gave her the dad look. "You're still under my roof, young lady. If I say we're checking it out, we're checking it out,"

Ashley got out of the bed with a huff. "Technically, this is Grandpa's roof," 

He chuckled. "Even better. Do you think he'll let it slide?"

Five minutes later Ashley was in Carlisle's study and he was pointing light to her eyes. 

"I'm fine," she huffed. 

"How hard did you fall, sweetie?" Carlisle asked. 

She shrugged. "I don't know. Not much. I was awake through it all. I just missed my step,"

She didn't want to tell them that she was crying so much that she couldn't see the tree branch before her because everything was so blurry due to the tears. 

"Hmmh," Carlisle hummed. " It doesn't seem much, but I would advise you to rest,"

"Thank you!" she exclaimed and got up. She looked at her grandpa. " So... Bella? She'll be alright, right?"

Carlisle nodded. "It seems that way. Alice saw it in her visions too. We just don't know when,"

Ashley shook her head to the news. It was good. They walked out of the room together to the living room.