Chapter 2

**✿❀○❀✿**

I could tell Eunji Unnie was struggling to tell me this. However, all I could do, was sit where I was and wait patiently.

"She has been telling the past few families that you are already heading off to a family somewhere else....because she needs you here." She eventually told me.

"Oh...." Was all I could manage to say. I sighed lightly, as began to go into my usual world, of constant overthinking.

"I'm sorry she kept you from having a family...."

"No, it wasn't your fault...at least I now know why I thought no-one wanted me." I replied, sounding rather defeated. Eunji looked at me with a strong smile, came over to me and hugged me, telling me everything was going to be okay.

"What is this? I thought I told you to come right back down when you were finished!" A voice boomed, that was coming from the door. It was Mistress Choi.

"I thought it was your job to find me a family....I guess we both lied then." I confronted her. I would never usually talk back like this, but I've had too much happen so early in the morning, that I couldn't take it. I just ran out the door and to my dorm room. As soon as I reached it, I threw myself on the bed and buried my face in my pillow.

I have to admit, I let some tears escape my eyes, which I never usually allow myself to do. I silently cried to myself for a few minutes, until I heard footsteps near the door. I swiftly wiped the tears from my eyes and got the book which always sits on the desk beside me, and started to read it before the door opened.

"It was so good, wasn't it?" I heard a voice say, that was probably Nancy.

"I know wasn't it?" That was definitely Irene.

"I could listen to it on repeat for hours and still not have enough of it!" And finally Eunha, I was waiting for her to speak up.

I wasn't very fond of them. They only got here a year ago and as soon as they did, they started making my life even worse. It was already a living hell, yet somehow they managed to set the bar that much higher.

I looked over my book to see where they were, and unfortunately for me, Nancy saw me looking their way and didn't hesitate to point it out.

"I see you're sticking your nose in our business, where it's clearly not wanted." She tutted, as she turned to look at the other girls.

"I was just looking up from my book." I tried to explain. Eunha simply rolled her eyes and scoffed, turning her head away from me.

'Well, private discussion in progress, so leave!' Irene exclaimed, pointing to the door.

I put my book down and left the room. Even though they were being rude and had no right to boss me around, I still listened as they were older than me so I had to respect them (like Mistress Choi once told me).

I just made my way down to the living room. I sat on sofa upside down and just stared at the ceiling, something I tend to do quite often. And without noticing, I fell asleep within seconds.

**✿❀○❀✿**

I woke up all of a sudden, all wet. My clothes were soaked, as I was begining to get rather cold. I looked towards the door to the living room, where I saw Irene, Eunha and Nancy sprinting away up the stairs.

"Will you take more care of yourself please!" Mistress Choi shouted, as she peered into the room. I guess she seemed to forget about the previous incident....or at least wanted to. Without answering, I ran up the stairs and to the dorms. I went towards my desk and grabbed some clothes and left, not once acknowledging the others there.

I took my clothes and walked into the bathroom to change-

I just put my pyjamas in the washing and walked up to Eunji Unnie

I just put my pyjamas in the washing and walked up to Eunji Unnie. I always go to her if I wanted something, no one else.

"Is it alright it I go outside for a while?" I aske, with the hopes of a yes.

"Okay, but be back before lunch." Eunji stated, with a small smile.

"And if I'm not hungry?" I asked, and heard a light sigh.

"Then be back before dinner."

"And if-" I started, but she cut me off.

"At least before its dark, you better be home and take this so you don't starve yourself." She said and handed me some money, and left before I could thank her. I then opened the door, took my key and locked it behind me.

I decided to go and explore for a couple of hours. I have been exploring before, but always with Eunji Unnie, so I could never do anything exciting....well she calls it dangerous but it's all the same to me. I walked up to the street where me, Mum and Dad used to live. I was never able to go up to the door of our house and see if she was there, apparently once you're an orphan your parents aren't able to take you back.

But now than Eunji isn't here I can at least go and see if Mum still lives there. I walked up to the street and to the house in once I lived, and couldn't help but hesitate a bit. I then knocked firmly on the door, when not a minute later the door opened....

**✿❀○❀✿**

- Edited - 09/10/20 -