Chapter 21

»»————- ✼ ————-««

I woke up quite late today, 17 minutes, to be exact. I don't have my phone with me, so my alarm didn't ring this morning. Therefore resulting in a late start to the day. 

I made my way to the bathroom, clothes in hand. I quickly got washed, and then changed into this: 

As I exited the bathroom, I knew this would be the best time to apologise

As I exited the bathroom, I knew this would be the best time to apologise. No one is going to be home when I get back, apart from the guys' manager, so I can't tell them then. Every one of them has to go, they're going to an interview, so obviously I can't be there. 

Since literally yesterday, they've been getting many phone calls from many different shows. This is because Jin and Namjoon finally spoke up about them being together, as a couple. 

So, naturally, I don't want them both to worry as to why I've been in a bad mood. Although it would be best to tell them the complete reason why, I fear that would worry them more, and they don't need that right now. So for me, at the moment, the best I can do, is apologise. 

I ran down the stairs, as fast as my legs could go. I halted in front of the kitchen door as soon as I reached that far, and took a deep breath in. As I opened the door, I released my breath, and walked in. Everyone seemed to have something that was occupying them, so no one noticed me come in. It was also probably because I was so quiet, and not making any sudden movements. 

I decided on clearing my throat, that would probably get at least one person's attention. And sure enough, it did. The second I cleared my throat, seven pairs of eyes landed on me. This was it, no turning back now. Not that I would, because I know I really need to explain myself. 

If I was back at the orphanage, Mrs. Choi would've already had me on my knees looking for forgiveness. So, I feel like I'm somewhat abusing their kindness towards me. I should treat myself as though I'm back at the orphanage, so I can have no excuse to mess up. And that, is exactly what I'll do. 

'I'm sorry.....' Was all I managed to say, though I had planned on saying much more. So much for my plan, I have to figure out a way of explaining myself to them, or I'll be a disappointment. Not just to them, but to myself as well. 

'Whatever for?' Namjoon asked. 

'Listen, I know-I know I was a bit of a pain these last few days.....' I started to say. 

'You got that right.' Yoongi said, earning himself a slap on the head from Jin. 

'Yoongi!' Jin said, after hitting him once more. 'He doesn't mean that....' Jin replied, facing me. I let out a single laugh by that, because I knew that wasn't true. 

'Don't I?' Yoongi said, more to himself than anyone else. But everyone heard, and Yoongi got his third slap of the day. He seems to be going well so far, two more and it'll be a record for the most hits this early in the morning. 

'No, he's right. I'm really sorry. It's just that, this new school, it's been stressing me out a bit. I'm not used to the new timetable, teachers, the building.....or students. It's a bit, different. But I will try harder not to worry you all, I know that you definitely don't need that, especially today....' I said, all in once. It all sort of, came out. I just kept talking, and that's what I ended up with. 

Is it okay for me to be proud of myself, for saying all that? No, probably not. But I kind of was, I'm not usually the one to talk to someone if I have a problem. I don't like bothering people with my problems, so I keep it to myself, and bottle it up. So for me to do this, it's a big step, and yes, I am proud that I spoke up. 

'You know, it's our job to worry about you. The only difference is, we don't classify that emotion as worry. We refer to it as, care.' Namjoon said.

'And might I add, it's not just a job, put a privilege, an honour. It's a privilege and an honour to be able to care about you, and know that you care back. Most young teens in that school of yours, they wouldn't apologise because, in their minds, it would affect their ego' Jin added.   

I could feel tears in my eyes, because of all that they were saying. No one has ever showed that they cared this much, about me. Not when I was young with my parents, not at the orphanage, not in school, never. So to hear this, for the first time, honestly-

-I feel....loved-

»»————- ✼ ————-««

A/N It's a bit of a short chapter, I know....But I'm really happy at how this turned out. As you can see, from the chapter, Mina hasn't really known what love feels like. Her vision of it, isn't what we all imagine it as, so to her, this all new. 

She has had a tough childhood, and harsh discipline. So, in honour of Mina, I'll  ask you a question this chapter. Mind you, it might be a bit tough to explain. But in your own words, be it detailed or a simple answer, it would greatly benefit Mina. Oh, and she's the one that'll be answering the comments!

'What is love?'