Chapter 35

My eyes slowly fluttered shut as I couldn't help but yawn, pressing my cheek against the mattress as I heard Billie softly talk on the phone in the other room.

We had just landed in Australia for the next few shows, and despite it being 3am, Steve has been on the phone with Billie for an hour now.

I was ignoring the slight sting in my eyes, scanning the room lazily as I focused on the details I hadn't noticed yet to keep myself awake. I felt like I needed to stay up so Billie didn't have to fall asleep on her own, and, also... I wanted to know what they were talking about.

Just as my eyelids began to get heavy, I heard my phone ping next to my head, looking up to see a text from Ethan light up my screen. As I was lazily typing out a reply, Billie softly opened the bedroom door, sighing as she gently tossed her phone onto the bedside table.

Glancing up at her, I noticed her eyes were a little red, but she wandered into the bathroom before I could say anything. Straining my ears, I could hear the girl whispering to herself about something, and I sat upright in bed before making my way over to the door, knocking it softly.

"Billie?"

I heard a sniffle from the other side of the door as my heart ached in my chest, resting my forehead against the wood as I listened to my girlfriend try and muffle her cries.

The lock turned and soon enough the door swung open, Billie collapsing into my arms in a mess of tears and words I couldn't understand, and so I just held her.

We rocked back and forth listening to her occasional sniffle, her hands grasping at my hoodie and my arms tight around her waist.

Billie's POV, an hour earlier •

"So how was the flight? Everyone got there safely?"

I listened to Steve's monotone voice as he continued asking me questions, rolling my eyes as I thought about how I could be in bed with my baby right around now instead.

Steve's voice went quiet on the other end of the line as I heard him sigh, clearing his throat.

"Listen, Billie... There's a reason I called you tonight."

My heart rate picked up a little as thoughts of what I may have done wrong flew through my head, but he didn't give me a second to interrupt.

"There's no easy way to put this, Eilish, so I'm just going to say it. We tried to warn you, and we tried to help you, but you completely disregarded our respect and professionalism, and now..." He paused, sighing again. "Now, we're in a bit of a mess."

My eyebrows furrowed as I tried to keep my voice low, not wanting to wake Rose in the other room.

"What the hell are you on, dude?"

"Billie, we've been sent some... interesting photographs anonymously. They haven't been leaked, yet, but the person who sent them said they'd only delete them if they had the opportunity to talk to you privately first. We have their number her-"

My breath hitched in my throat as I took in the seriousness of Steve's words.

"Wait, what? Pictures of who" I stuttered, listening to Steve tut on the other end. We both knew what the pictures were of.

"What do they want? Money? A ticket to a show? I've got them covered. Don't worry about it, man."

"You know what this means, right, Billie?" The man's voice lowered as seriousness took over his tone, and I could hear my heartbeat get a little louder.