Chapter 38

I felt her soft breath against my face as she pressed a kiss to my lips so light I could barely feel it. Her hands slid into my hair as my breath hitched in my throat, and as I leant forward, my tongue barely brushed her bottom lip before she pulled away teasingly.

"Did anyone come to the bus with you?"

A groan escaped my throat as I heard her laugh slightly, still pulling back every time I tried to kiss her.

"No, mamas, they're all still in there," I whined, wrapping my arms tight around her waist to keep her from pulling away, our smiles bumping into each other clumsily.

"Good," she murmured against my lips, finally kissing me slowly, her nails scratching my scalp slightly.

My breathing started to pick up and I felt myself getting hot as I forgot what kind of luck I have.

The second our tongues met, the sound of the bus door sliding open made us both freeze. We heard the bus driver's absentminded whistle, and I felt Rose smile against my lips as I closed my eyes to try and contain my anger.

"Every fucking time," I growled as she giggled quietly, her hands against my chest.

"Why're you complaining, baby?"

My eyebrows furrowed as I looked down at the slightly shorter girl, her eyes glistening as she looked up back at me.

"Because... The driver is cockblocking me, bro. I thought I was gonna get some, shit."

We both laughed quietly before her hand slid around to the back of my neck, pulling me in until my lips brushed against hers.

"Who said we were stopping?"

My heart was beating in my ears, and she slid her hand down my chest just to slide it back up underneath my hoodie, scratching my stomach lightly.

"We're just gonna test out how quiet you can be, Bil."

Everyone piled out of the movie theatre as Rose and I waited at the glass doors, Ethan throwing his arm around her shoulder as we were surrounded by the excited chattering of our group.

I tried to steady my breathing as I watched Rose, and she smirked a little as our eyes met before I felt Finneas' hand land firmly on my shoulder.

"So," he started as we all waited to get onto the bus. "How'd you like the movie?"

Rolling my eyes at my brother, I listened to him laugh as I clambered onto the bus, but not before hearing him mutter something about my hair being fucked up.

Everyone settled in the couch area of the bus, and I wandered across towards the kitchen, listening to the multiple different conversations flowing through the group. I beelined for the fridge as I noticed Ethan sitting on the counter, and I internally sighed knowing I was about to get an earful.

He tried not to smile when he saw me, and looked around the bus in an overenthusiastic attempt to distract himself.

"Hey, Billie."

Furrowing my eyebrows at him, I peered into the fridge and tried to avoid as much of this interaction as I could.

"... So... How you doing?" He sniggered a little before trying to deadpan his expression, looking straight ahead.

I watched him.

"I missed you in there. You uh..." He cleared his throat, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips again. "Get bored? Had to go get a snack? Something to eat?"

I choked on my drink a little as he burst into a fit of laughter, and at that exact moment, Rose nonchalantly wandered into the kitchen, smiling at Ethan without even knowing the context.

"You guys are weirdos," she mumbled, pressing a little kiss to the base of my neck as she slid her hands up my shirt slightly to rest against my stomach, like she always did.

She rested her cheek against my shoulder as we both turned to watch Ethan, who was watching us with an overly-dramatic pout on his lips.

He fanned his eyes mockingly, muttering, "I'm not crying, I promise," before hopping off the counter and avoiding the apple I threw at him as he darted out of the kitchen area.

"That little nosey bitch. Lord."

Rose sighed as she dotted more kisses along my neck, scratching her nails down my abs lightly. Her trail of kisses made its way up to my jawline, and landed on the corner of my lips, before I quickly leant forward and kissed her. She smiled, rolling her eyes a little, before kissing me again, slow and soft.

Whenever she kissed me, I felt... Different.

My head was always so loud. I always think a million different things at once. It's a sensory overload in my own damn mind, and the second her lips touch mine, that all stops.

I'm absolutely in love with her, and I don't give a shit about who tries to stop it. It's not gonna happen.

She brought me out of my thoughts by pulling away, smiling up at me with a little blush appearing on her cheeks.

"What're you thinking, Bil?"

Her eyes twinkled as she watched me, and I pressed a little kiss on her nose, watching as her eyes shut a little, her smile never leaving her lips.

"Let's go away."

I saw her eyebrows furrowed, and I quickly continued before she had the chance to question it.

"Let's go somewhere. A vacation. I have a break from tour soon, and I'd just be at home normally. Let's get away from everything for a little while. Please?"

She sighed, watching me with her eyes that I grew so familiar with.

This bitch is a sucker for me, I already knew she'd say yes, but it was cute that she was pretending to think about it.

"Okay, fine. That sounds lovely. As long as you're sure you have the time to spare..."

I smiled, kissing her softly as her arms slid around my neck, mine around her waist.

"Always for you."