Chapter 48

prompts used in this chapter:
@thtgrlthtuknow @goldenreader123 @maybedaniels2 @hellothere2605 @77unicorn @tuesdaycaramel

i loved all of your prompts, and to everyone else, remember to send a couple at the end of every new chapter and hopefully yours will be chosen next time! thank u babies!

Billie's POV

Both of our voices were raw by now; we'd been yelling at each other for what felt like hours in the hallway outside her room - our eyes blurry with tears, and the clear pain and frustration exploding through Rose's every word seemed to be enough to stop any strangers from telling us to quiet down.

Everyone had been avoiding this stretch of corridor since the whole thing with Aiden started, and I don't blame them. I sure as hell wouldn't interrupt this if I was them.

Now, nothing but the heavy hotel room door separated us, my forehead resting dejectedly against the cool wood as my shaking hands routinely reached up to wipe fresh tears from my cheeks.

"Rose?" I croaked, wincing at the sound of my own exhausted voice, but the sluggish knocking of the door reminding me I had to keep trying to get her to come back to me.

Come back to me.

"P-please," I sniffled, muffling a sob that escaped my throat with the sleeve of my hoodie. I felt so guilty, and every time I gave her any indication that I was upset, I felt even more guilty. Like I knew she was the one who should be upset, and that I deserved this reaction. But it hurts.

Shaking waffling thoughts out of my head quickly, I sniffed again, sitting up straighter from where I was slumped in the doorway - my open palm gently but assertively hitting against the door. "Rose, please can you just hear me out?"

Holding my breath in suspense, I listened for even the slightest noise from inside the room.

Nothing.

Both her and Ethan were in there, and when she first locked herself in an hour ago, I could hear her crying and him consoling her.

Not anymore.

My face crumpled up as I couldn't force away the next flood of tears that came, screwing my eyes shut and forcefully pressing my forehead against the damn piece of wood keeping us apart.

"Please, please, please," I barely whispered through my tears - breathy cries and my fingers softly tapping at the door the only noise throughout the whole hallway.

My breath got caught in my throat as I choked on a sob, bringing my head up again to look at the door - my fist banging at it twice, my strained voice trying its hand at being forceful and loud one more time.

"Please, Rose, plea-"

The door suddenly flying open bolted enough shock through me for a loud gasp to distract me from crying; stumbling back onto my ass with my hands against the floor catching me from falling completely backwards. Rose stood strong in the doorway, her hand unwavering on the doorknob and her golden eyes swirling with fury, burning into me and making something uneasy curl deep in my chest. She looked determined, furious - but I caught her bottom lip quiver once as she continued staring down at me; her blotchy, tear-stained skin poking holes in her rock-hard demeanour.

She cleared her throat, blinking a couple times and looking away, meaninglessly glancing down the hallway with what I knew had no other intent other than the attempt to try and halt the tears I saw threaten to spill. Her chest heaved with a single, shaking breath before she hesitantly met my eyes again - no hint of emotion on her face, no lace of sorrow, pain, or let alone love through her voice.