Chapter 24

"Are you sure Maim?"

"..."

"Ms. (L/N)?"

"I think I might know who it is."

"Who?"

"My history teacher."

(Y/N) walked back over towards Erwin, too which he had a pile of paper lying in his arms. He gave off smiles to everyone, which made them perceive that he was a charming young fellow. He was just chuckled at whatever the police man said before turning back around and facing (Y/N) with a bright smile. He waved off the man before walking over to her, still with the giant piles of papers.

"How was questioning?"

"It was well...okay. "

Erwin and (Y/N) walked back over to Erwin's car. Erwin looking up in the sky and smiling, which confused (Y/N) to no end.

"I know tonight is a school night, but we will go out to dinner. I want to get to know you more as I will be taking care of you, even if I am your teacher. I know you sometimes feel nervous around me, I hope you will overcome that."

"Um okay E-Erwin."

"That's good. I have to attend to a meeting at the community service church, do as you will at home. I'll be back home in an hour or so."

"Okay." (Y/N) said again, agreeing with Erwin.

The ride was as bad as the previous, it was still awkward don't get me wrong. Conversations would start out of nowhere, with (Y/N0 answering truthfully without any hesitation like before. Behind the teacher façade, he was a very kind and caring man, although he could act out of selfishness time to time.

When (Y/N) was dropped off at Erwin's home, she was to fend for herself with the house. She had no clue where things were, as too the number on the card she was given.

"My history teacher."

"Your history teacher?"

"Yes, I heard her voice as with the teachers assistant in the class. Please don't tell anyone, we don't have the necessary evidence we need to prove them guilty. If they were to walk away not guilty, their immediate target is me."

Officer Davis waved his hand to stop the recording in the observing room.

"Well what do you think we should do then?"

"Since I am in their class, I can see what I can find."

"Why do you think that is a good idea?"

"What other 'good ideas' do you have in mind?"

"You have a point kid. Here's my card, find anything call me."

(Y/N) walked toward the garage door that lead into the inside of the house. Her shoulders slumping as she was still tired from this morning and last night. It wasn't over yet, the culprits had to be caught no matter what. No matter if she hated her parents, no matter if she hated her sister, no matter if she even liked Ms. Ral and Mr. Bozad a tiny bit, they had to be caught. (Y/N) staggered over toward the couch that was very clean and looked unused, to turn on the TV.

"Officials say that the body of Tiffany Goodwin had been discovered near the riverside lake. Her body was found by a family of four while having a picnic. Nancy Sky, the mother had found her body floating with multiple stab wounds. This murder has been the first in the past decade. Please take caution, as the killer is unknown. I'll pass the news to you Simon-"

Knocking snapped (Y/N) out of the TV's trance and she ran to the front door. Looking through the peek hole she saw it was Hanji. She hesitantly opened the door and Hanji flung herself inside without possibly knowing (Y/N) was there.

"(Y/N)! It's you! I heard about your family last night, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I at least think I am. What are you doing here?"

"I was coming ask Erwin something about my class as he is a great teacher!"

(Y/N) cocked her head to the side in confusion of the jumble of words Hanji had let out of her mouth. Which the cute little action caused Hanji to squeal and pat (Y/N)'s head. (Y/N) puffed up her cheeks in embarrassment and walked back to the couch, Hanji following along.

"I'm just gonna stay here with you until Erwin comes back. How's that sound, having your crazy science teacher accompany you?"

"I don't mind." (Y/N) shrugged.

"Aww cool! Does Erwin even have junk food in here, like man he is very healthy eater. Always having to eat the right food to be healthy and never skip school!"

"Oh really? Have you heard about Tiffany Goodwin's death?"

"Tiffany-Oh her! Of course I did, she was one of my snotty students, always thinking she could control my lessons. Well I guess that can't happen anymore!" Hanji giggled.

"Why are you happy?"

"You don't need to know for right now. Wait until you can handle certain amounts of information. Drop her death, she did nothing but pollute people okay." Hanji said as her tone had become very strict.

(Y/N) stopped and continued watching TV while Hanji would complain about Erwin's food choices.

"What's with the sudden meeting Erwin?" Miche asked as he turned toward the former commander.

"I'm sure you have all heard about the whole ordeal with (Y/N)'s family? Well I am taking her into my custody now, it'll be easier to monitor now. As we have a target eliminated from our list."

"Her family was murdered?!" Jean exclaimed.

"You should watch the news more often brat, tch." Levi responded.

"I had sent Hanji to watch her at my house, just to keep her company until I get back. Who is the real enemy here?"

"I have no clue Sir!"

"Hmm.."

"And so I said to Sonny was that his cute wittle grin was adorable and-are you even listening to me?!"

"Of course I am Hanji, your Sonny and Bean are cute and you love them. I'm totally listening." (Y/N) deadpanned.

"You were listening! Well anyway, what are you doing for dinner tonight, because I can totally cook an amazing dinner!" Hanji exclaimed.

"NO!-I mean Erwin and I are going out to dinner tonight for what happened last night. Also to get to know each other more since were like practically living with each other. Wait if I live with him, does this mean I have to wait to go home late because most teachers stay at the school late?!"

"I could always-"

"Nice to see you here Hanji, I'll take everything from here." Erwin said as he walked into the living room.

"Nice to see you too Erwin! I was going to ask you something but I forget it so...bye!" Hanji said as she ran out the door, saluting to (Y/N) while winking.

"Hello (Y/N), are you ready for tonight?" Erwin said as he stood in front of (Y/N).

"I couldn't, Hanji was busy ranting about Sonny and Bean. Not trying to be rude!"

"I see. Well go get ready, I'll show you too the bathroom." Erwin chuckled, before walking towards the staircase to upstairs.

(Y/N) followed Erwin into the bathroom. It was nice, expensive, clean, beautiful bathroom. The clean scratch-less granite counters that had a sliver stain-less sink. The shower was protected by huge glass panels that acted as doors. The cabinets which were mirrors were perfectly clean, as the underneath cabinets of wood weren't rotten. How rich was Erwin?

"Enjoy your shower, I'll be waiting downstairs."

(Y/N) walked to her room and picked a simple yet formal dress to go out in. Who knows where Erwin would take her. Knowing by his house and how kept up it was, he was loaded. Her dress was a navy blue satin color that were sleeveless with a ruff smooth darker navy blue for the bottom. Her parents bought it for her because of her older sister's honor roll they had to attend to. She walked back into the bathroom and turned on the water. The steamy hotness of the water cause steam that (Y/N) warmed up to. She stepped into the shower letting the warm water run all over her body, her hair slowly soaking from the water. It was relaxing to where (Y/N) wanted to stay inside, but she remembered Erwin was waiting on her. She didn't want to be rude so she hurried by washing her hair and scrubbing her body with body wash. She got out of the shower, making sure to turn it off completely and reached to grab her towel. The towels were so soft, the softest towels she ever used. She quickly put on her dress and shoes. She grabbed new brush because of her old brush that went missing when she stayed at Marco's house, and began to comb her hair. (Y/N) dried her hair and walked back outside, downstairs to were Erwin was. Erwin's face widening before going back to normal to not raise any suspicion from (Y/N).

"You look nice (Y/N), now lets go."

"Of course."

(Y/N) and Erwin got in the car. Erwin was already dressed nice, but he changed anyway. This time the car ride was just (Y/N) laughing while Erwin chuckles from jokes that they exchanged back to each other. Erwin was trying to befriend (Y/N), he was trying so hard he sounded very stupid which made (Y/N) laugh. Erwin has never had this much fun, it was nice to have her there, there with him. They got to the restaurant and Erwin, being the gentleman he was, opened the door for her. (Y/N) thanking him, while Erwin took the next step and held her hand. (Y/N) flinched and pulled away from Erwin, which made him frown deeply.

They walked into the restaurant, which Erwin already reserved sitting for them. The waitress grabbed two menu's and signaled the two to follow her to their reserved seat. (Y/N) freaked out as the restaurant they were was to upper-class for her, she felt uncomfortable and Erwin caught onto that easily.

"Is something the matter (Y/N)?"

"Sorry it's just that, the people here are so...rich. I feel uncomfortable."

"I see, very well then we shall leave."

"Leave where?!"

"Somewhere that you will feel comfortable."

"Ice cream?" (Y/N) shyly suggested.

"Not a very healthy dinner, although I will accept this just this once."

"Thank you!"