Celestine's Survival

Celestine fell down the cliff, the impact of the water was enough to knock her out. She lost consciousness letting the current carry her further away from us.

She wakes up on the beach, coughing up the water she swallowed with her head buzzing and her vision blurry. As she picks herself up she felt a sharp pain on her side, she was bleeding. Without time to waste Celestine took out a cauterizing pad and syringe of disinfectant, she cleared her wound to see if there is anything that stabbed her. She then applied the pad on her wound which expands and burned closing her wound, the pain made her scream, after the cauterizing pad was done she injected herself with the disinfectant.

Tapping her earpiece said exhausted "Rover? Luther? It's me. Please respond"

There was no response. She tried to say it again but there was still no response, she opened her holowatch but all she sees are scrambled display. She cursed under her breath, stands up and looks for a good place to find a clear reception and safe place to stay for the night if need be.

Celestine pressed on to the jungle, her halowatch became dead as the interference gave no signal. She pushed through the foliage, it was not a long walk until she saw a cliff and a stream. She could climb up to get a clear signal but her side still sting. Deciding that it would be safer for her, Celestine took the stream. Walking fast while ensuring her safety.

Celestine continued to walk forward, using the sun as her compass she moves through the thick jungle. A lot of scenario is running to her head, what if she was left behind, or what if her whole team was killed by that gorilla. But she knows that I'm not that easy to kill so she made up two thing to do, either be reunited with her crew or find the first item. But knowing Celestine, I could say she won't settle in just doing one of those goals.

As she walked further her pace was cut off by a loud howl in the distance. She paused to assess whether to keep her slow pace or run like hell. She looked around, breathing slowly in order to tune in better. The howls keeps getting louder and more aggressive, yet it feels the source of the sound is miles away. She took little steps forward, her instinct is telling her to run but her mind is telling her to stay low and observe. The howls echoed, she closed her eyes to shut off her other senses, the howls were gone but there were growls.

She opened her eyes and saw this planet's wolf, standing just a few feet from her. It was twice bigger than ordinary wolf, had teeth like saber-tooth tigers and metallic fur. The wolf's growl was fast as it tried to pounce on Celestine, she was faster as she rolled away from the wolf giving her a big gap in distance. She pulled out her gun, but realized that if she shoots it the pack might follow leaving her out numbered.

The wolf and Celestine circled on each other. The wolf howled preparing to pounce again, Celestine kicked up dirt into the wolf temporarily immobilizing it. Celestine ran away from the wolf, putting her arms up guarding her head as she rushes through the sharp leaves. She looks back from time to time to see if the wolf is still behind her, and it still is, like a streak of metal rushing towards her. Her wound still hurts but the adrenaline helps. As she ran faster she saw a wall of trees that has a branch which created opening big enough to fit her yet too big for the wolf. She dashed and jumped head first in the branch, tucking and rolling to ensure her landing. The wolf that chased after her attempted to jump in as well yet the opening could only fit its head. The creature struggled to get out, shaking and growling its head to free itself.

For a moment she felt proud to see that she outsmarted a wolf, but her little victory was cut off when another howl was heard behind her. She draws out her gun, as she paced forward her heart beating faster than when she was running with the wolf. She stepped forward only anticipating the arrival of the pack that she did not see the trap that bites at her leg. Celestine screamed in pain as the trap is in her foot, the wolf trapped howled to signal his pack. Celestine tighten the grip of her gun.

The bushes that surrounded her starts to move. She aims her gun to the bush that moves anticipating an attack while looking behind making sure the one that was trapped in the tree stayed there. The bush rattled again, a wolf jumped out. Celestine shot a wolf in the head, it fell near her, she shoots it a second time killing it. Another wolf jumped, she shot it twice. Before she could recover, another wolf jumped at her. She shot but missed the first time. The wolf tried to bite her neck off, she hold off the wolf. Aiming her gun she shot it in the mouth twice killing it.

Catching her breath she looks at the alpha trapped in the tree. The wolf was not alone, with him two other wolves are beside him. She shoots at the two wolves standing besides the trapped one, but she misses. She looked at the side of her pistol, it reads out 'Charge low. 2 shots left'. Knowing the number of shots and wolves she chose to shoot the trap on her leg disengaging it. Her gun reads out 'Charging. Please wait'. Celestine cursed under her breath and ran fast, which was impressive considering her leg was just wounded.

As the wolves were gaining on her she picked up a sharp stick with the intention of using it if need be. The lead wolf catches up to Celestine, the two rolled over the ground with the wolf on top of her. But she was quick to stab the creature in the neck, she stabbed at it multiple times killing it. She pushed the wolf aside and growled at the remaining wolves, which became scarred seeing their alpha dead. The wolves proceeded with caution. She stood up and tried to make a break for it, as she faced the opposite direction a spear swooped past her. Missing her face only a few inches, the spear landed on another wolf killing it. There was only one wolf remaining which ran away realizing it was the only one left.

Celestine looked back to thank whoever threw the spear. What she was about three muscular man, silver painted skin, wearing a traditional jungle dwelling native. The men shouted in a language her translator could not translate, but she knows it's along the lines of 'invader' or 'alien'. The planets native throws another spear at her, but misses. Celestine didn't wait for them to throw another spear as she ran away from them.

A few meters of distance between Celestine reached a long steep, decided to look back to see the natives was still chasing after her. She couldn't see anyone so she slowed down. Suddenly a spear landed close to her feet, the next event happened so fast for her because she saw a fist landed on her face.

A native punched Celestine in the face. The blow was enough to knock her off balance but not too strong to know her out. The native tired to tackle her, but she kicked her back with force to make him step back. He tried to back hand her, she dodges, he tried to punch her, she blocks and gives him a strike across the chin. The native felt the strike, in his anger chokes Celestine. She maneuvered to throw him to the ground, his weight was too much for her as she herself fell down.