Icy Item 4

We arrived at Illuves, the ice-snow planet, and as the scanner confirmed there were no hostile threats around. The planet had one galactic outpost but it was decommissioned because the planet got colder for any species to be station here. Now only the wildlife of this planet are the ones that roam here from penguins, seals, and to the most dangerous one polar bears. But lucky for us the temperature is colder than normal which means all the predator is down in their holes hibernating.

I landed the ship about three meters from where Item 4 is supposed to be. I got out of my chair and went to the back to get snow gear, Celestine followed and took her gear. We packed up a few explosives, laser cutters and other essential gears. I took a gun from the shelf and handed it to her.

"I know they're asleep but just in case."

"Thanks" She took and stowed the gun away.

We took a small drilling rover with us, Celestine opened the hatch. I looked at Luther, he was looking at us wishing to go but his leg is still being repaired.

"Luther! Music's on the captain's chair. I hope you like earth music" I told him. He limped near the chair "Be back in five songs"

We stepped outside, we couldn't walk due to the snow giving us low visibility. Celestine operated the rover which has a high intensity light guided us to the site where the scanners show Item 4 is located. As we reach the spot Celestine operated the rover that automatically extruded an extra arm with a laser muzzle. The muzzle fired the laser and the rover moved in a circular formation which created a hole in the icy ground.

The ice fell down in a loud thud and I took a peak and saw that it was a hollow area below. Celestine gave me a rope and we rappelled downwards. As we rappel down the rover gave us lighting, but we still turned on our torches. We dropped down and I looked around and saw thick ice in some portions while others were translucent enough to let me see computers and equipment.

"This was the scientific outpost before it was deep underground." Celestine informed me.

We wasted no time in questions not because we already wasted enough allotted time back on Bliteum but because this planet is freezing cold. We took out our scanners and scanned the room. We swept around for a little while until my scanner picked up something, Celestine heard the alarm. She came to my position and used her laser cutter to slice about 45 inches of ice block.

When she pulled the ice block we saw Item 4. We smiled at each other and loaded it to one of the rapples, Celestine operated the rover to pull up Item 4. We stopped for a while because we heard a loud growl coming from a dark corner nearby. We prepared our guns as we saw a grown polar bear stand up and roared at us.

The bear charged at us. I drew out my gun and shot at it but the bullets did not penetrate. I pushed Celestine aside as we slid away from each other and the bear headbutting the wall cracking it. The bear shakes off the hit and looks towards Celestine who was taking out a concussive grenade from the grenade cluster in her belt.

The bear rushed towards lifting its paw to attack, I dashed to protect Celestine while using my bag as a shield. The bear backhands both of us, we flew a considerable distance, the cluster of grenade was also knocked out. Celestine looked at me, the bear walked towards us. I wasted no time as I dashed to the cluster of grenades and took one and slide it near the bear. I ran away to give distance.

Celestine, on a safe distance saw the grenade detonated it. She ducked down and I curled into a fetal position so to about the blast, as it exploded we didn't feel a strong wind but rather a hot air, I didn't throw a concussive grenade but rather a live one. The shock of the live grenade probably made all his organs solid. The bear growled weakly and collapsed on the floor. Celestine helped me up.