Rover's Holiday Special

The Swift was currently in warp jump and it takes about normally forty five minutes to reach Yakron but thanks to C.H.R.I.S. we have shaved that time to about twenty minutes. I went back to the weapons shelf and prepared myself, I picked a shotgun, assault rifles, and a few explosives.

"Hey C.H.R.I.S., do you have any ideas how dangerous is M'Khari's species?" I asked him while I finalized my weapons of choice.

"According to my sources the Zypherias were known to be an elite warrior class, before their planet was destroyed they were pretty brutal, genocidally brutal" He informed me with his deadpan voice that echoes no concern.

"Were gonna die."

"Backing software on cloud now..." He said with sarcasm. "You do realize that in some planet, today's a holiday."

I looked down on the table and saw the 'Rover's Holiday Special' box. I opened it and it was a twin sub-machine gun, but it wasn't like any sub-machine gun, this is a multi-assault sub-machine gun. It basically functions like Judge Dredd's Lawgiver, it's an earth pop-culture reference. But that's not the only thing it can do, I flipped one of the stocks of the gun and inserted the unfolded stock to the folded one creating an assault rifle with even more firing options.

I strapped both guns on my waist. I looked on the wall of McGuffin's and saw number 44, it looked like a chrome palms sized tick. I put it in my pocket and went back to the cockpit.

"ETA till Yakron?"

"Five minutes."

"Prepare heat seeking, missiles, and turrets. We'll go blazing once we're there."

C.H.R.I.S. activated all the weapons I've requested. We got out of the jump and directly near Yakron, there were drones orbiting the moon and I saw the Frontier alongside a bigger ship. We fired immediately on all the drones.

On board the Splendor Tves is looking over the entire operation oblivious to what is happening with M'Khari and Celestine. A personnel who is operating the radar called his attention.

"Sir, I have something on the radar... it's something with our tracking signature"

"Activate the shield!" He realized that it was me, he tried to warn everyone but the missiles I fired hit every drone on the moon and a part of their hull.

The Splendor opened it's hatch to deploy other drones. I evaded and shot everything down. The waves of drones kept coming but I swept them like it was nothing. They sent out what seems to be a wave, I could fight them off but I am running out of gas which would make us a sitting duck. I need an option and I don't care if it's a well done or a sloppy flop, I just need a plan.

"C.H.R.I.S. are there any warp points near the giant ship?" I asked him while I avoid getting hit.

"There is one directly where the giant ship is, but we are out of fuel. If we do this we wouldn't even escape." He warned me.

"I don't wanna get in on another planet. I wanna get in there." I insisted. "Initiate warp, and give me controls on the brakes."

Our ship initiated the warp jump, the engines siphoned what fuel it can take to make the jump. I pressed the warp jump and our ship went in, as quickly as we jump I immediately pulled the brakes which made placed our ship inside the Splendor.

Our sudden appearance inside the Splendor alerted almost everyone on the ship. The alarms suddenly blared all over, it took a few minutes until some of the soldiers came in and pointed their guns at us. One of them ordered me to get out, I went to the back. Not to surrender but to do something crazy.

I flicked my holowatch and tracked Celestine's coordinates, she's two levels above me. I closed my holowatch and pulled McGuffin 44 out of my pocket and slap it in my chest, it activated and wrapped itself around me creating a full body armor with intricate design.

"C.H.R.I.S. I'm gonna head out and find her. Activate all defensive capabilities and do me a favor, be in one piece when I return" I told him.

Everyone outside would not put their gun down. C.H.R.I.S. opened fire using the machine guns killing a few and making others find cover. They returned fire, C.H.R.I.S. activated the shields, it was a shower of bullets and plasma. I opened the hatch and got out.

I was crouching towards the nearest door, a few bullets ricocheted to me but the armor protected me. As I reached the door, I opened it and I was inside a very long hallway. There were soldiers walking minding their business, one of them paused and saw me, everyone was still processing what I'm doing there but it was quickly interrupted when I shot the one that saw me dead. I run forward mowing down enemies, I know my armor is not very invulnerable so I run for the nearest cover.

We traded fire, I was clearly outnumbered but they were clearly lacking in ammo. I mowed them down like a lawnmower, I was halfway in the hallway when I run out of ammo for my rifle. A soldier charged at me, I held the rifle by the muzzle and swung it like an axe, he fell down. Another one was running after me, I threw the rifle at him, he dodged, I took my shotgun and fired at his chest.

I moved forward towards the exit, I executed a modified judo mixed in with close-quarters shooting techniques to save on bullets and to compensate for the lack of long range power of the shotgun. It took awhile but I finally reached the end.

Opening the door frightened me for a little bit but after looking back to all the people that I've beaten, it gave me a short boost in confidence. As I opened the door, I drew the holiday special, I was surprised to hear the loud cocking of guns that echoed in unison. Drones and soldiers trained on me, just counting on what I can see I could say there's about forty threats. Tves was there he smiled like a creep.

"The gangs all here. What's the event?" I asked Tves.

"Oh nothing much, just here to exterminate a pest"

"Well I think you need a little bit of a High Explosives to make sure you get the job done" the guns beeped. I fired a shot, miniature rockets blew up some of them and made other disoriented.

I used this to find cover and the fire fight begins. Firing from every corner, I give them the same number of bullets they throw at me, I switched gun configuration and cover simultaneously. I moved and shot every one until nobody was shooting at me, my gun was half way empty and armor nearly totaled.

Tves saw that he was the only one left, he was out of ammo. He dropped his gun and called me, I looked at him. He was raising his hand slowly putting it up on his head, I wasn't in the mood for taking any prisoners so I shot him twice on the chest. He fell down face first and I saw that he had another gun holstered on his back.

"I've seen that and it only works for idiots" I told his corpse and continued my quest to rescue Celestine. God I hope I make it in time.