💝

Madiha PoV -

It's been a week since sara appi's wedding. Today she and Fahad bhai were supposed to be here for dinner. Just some close family members and friends were invited at sidra's home.

After dinner everyone began with their talks. Elders were inside having their kind of talk and youngers were in lawn settled on the grass amongst the beautiful lights. Guys were busy with their PubG and girls with their gossips.
Amongst this, Sahil( fahad's brother) spoke

"Common everyone let's play something, we are also talking like elders.. Like come on we aren't that old yet to just sit and talk"

Everyone chuckled hearing him. He is humorist kind of person. After that me, sid, her cousins, sara api, fahad bhai, zain and sahil arranged ourselves to play passing the parcel.

"When music stops the person who is carrying the pillow should do whatever the other members asks for." sahil announced.

As the music began, it first stopped on fahad bhai, everyone asked him to propose sara appi in a flattering manner and he did what he was asked to making everyone go in Aww!

Next it was my turn and sid insisted
" Madiha is good with shayri let her show up some of her talent now"

"No, No... Ask me something else please " I pleaded.

"We would love to hear from you Miss madiha" sahil tried to flirt.
But then zain told "If she doesn't want to say then why are you people are insisting , he was looking adorable while grinning at sahil."

"Oh come on bhai! Don't spoil the fun She is just being shy nothing more" sid interrupted.

"Okay okay... I ll try! Finally I got courage to put forward my words. But on what topic should I tell shayri?? I cocked my eyebrow at sid.

" Umm... she was thinking and sahil spoke "How about something on love for sara bhabi and fahad bhai" he suggested.

Okay... So arz kiya hai

Mohabbat karne ka andaz hota hai sabka juda
Koi kisi ki aankho pe marta hai tho koi kisi ki muskurahat pe hai fida

Ho mohabbat jism se tho ban jaati hai wo junoon
Kare agar koi rooh se tho deti hai wo dil ko sukoon
Kehne ko tho hojati hai mohabbat jaise guzre koi pal
Sacchi ho agar kare usey koi mukammal
(via khayal e mohabbat)

Saying this I looked at everyone, they were all quiet lost in my words I guess especially zain's mouth was quite ajar. I smiled at everyone as I received compliments.
It was so much fun to see everyone doing something interesting . When zain's turn came, his phone started ringing... He excused himself saying he got a business conference call. I so wanted to see him doing something other than being serious. But my luck wasn't in my favor I guess.

After an hour everyone left to their respective homes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zain PoV -

It's been a month since I have come here and all the time my thoughts are around Madiha. What's wrong with me I don't know. I am not supposed to think like this I can't break my promise. I was talking to myself then I heard...

"Mamma, mammaaaaa... Where are you?" sid entered home screaming.

"What happened sid? All ok? Why are you screaming like this?" Choti ammi asked.

"That.. That... Madiha's engagement is being fixed next week. Someone in Sara appi's wedding asked her hand to bushra aunt and they are looking forward to this" she told in a single breathe.

" But she wasn't looking that happy... I wonder why she said yes to this "

"Ma Sha Allah! That's a good news sid... Maybe she is nervous... Every girl gets these kind of jitters... Don't worry" choti ammi said.

"ohh! Okay..."

Flashback -

Sid, madiha zain and their cousins were enjoying joota chupayi rasm in sara's wedding and Bushra(Madiha's mom) called her.

"yes ammi"?

"Meet our (her and sidra's mom) friend Mrs. Ahmed.
Looking at Mrs. Ahmed she introduced madiha as her only daughter.

"Assalamualaikum! Glad to meet you aunt" Madiha greeted her smilingly.

"Walekumassalam dear, Ma Sha Allah you look really pretty... What are you doing?"

"Jazakallah aunt! I am pursuing medicine... In Sha Allah in a year or so I will be a doctor".

"Great then... May you succeed and treat people soon" mrs. Ahmed smiled.

"In Sha Allah aunt!
Haa... Yes! Sorry aunt... My bestie is calling... I ll see you later! It was nice talking to you"

"okay dear."

"Bushra... I feel that Madiha is a perfect choice for my son Asad. Currently he's in UK. I would love to make her my daughter in law" mrs ahmed asked for a proposal.

"I don't find any problem in this... As I know you so well but I ll ask Madiha's father about it and let you know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Zain bhai... Do you know anyone named asad? As Madiha's fiance too lives in UK." sid asked.

"No.. I have no idea How I ll be knowing any guy with just a name. I said this casually but deep inside I was lost in a trance because I didn't want this to happen but I too have to go back and fulfill my promise ."

After an hour I told ammi that I ll be leaving tomorrow as business is lacking behind but the real reason is something else.

As the next Sunday morning arrived, I spotted madiha at the entrance of hall Maybe she came to meet sid. She looked quite dull and not the one who looks happy and cheerful. Her nose was looking a bit red.. As if she cried.

I was walking past her she told something that broke me inside.

Kehte kyun nahi jo nazrein bayaan karti hai..
Khabar nahi apko yeh khamoshi apki kisi ki jaan bhi lesakti hai..

(why don't you say what your eyes speak... Don't you know your silence can take someone's life)

I couldn't hold myself more and I just left from there.

Some things are better left unsaid

consoling myself I met choti ammi and abbu, sid and left for airport along with the memories of madiha flashing in my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So zain left to fulfill his promise and madiha is getting engaged.. Is this their destiny or Allah has planned something else... Let's see in next chapter.

🌹 A VERY HAPPY EID TO ALL OF MY READERS... STAY BLESSED WATTPADIANS... LOTS OF LOVE 💖

Fe'amanillah!