💝

2 years later

Madiha PoV -

Ya Allah! It's 8 already... I shouldn't have slept after fajr. Regretting I hurriedly got ready for hospital.

"No mamma... I ll have something at canteen please or else pack this. I am so late today. My patients must be waiting." I told mamma putting on my foot wear.

"You better have this soon, don't eat that canteens food" mammaa told just like a caring typical Indian mom & handled me a tiffin box which I kept in my handbag and giving her a quick hug I left for hospital.

¬¬¬¬¬

As soon as I entered I met Ayesha my assistant and asked her to send my patients according to their appointments.

After two hours of checking my patients I rested my head on chair keeping my hands on my face. How my life has changed with time.

Flashback -

Everyone was so happy for my wedding with asad. I could see decorated home with lights and flowers, kids running here and there. All the relatives invading wherever they wish to. I haven't met asad before wedding just saw his photo which mamma showed me but I was satisfied with the choice of my parents. Deep down in my heart I wanted something else but I made a peace with myself thinking whatever happens is qadr of Allah. I should just go with the flow.

Today I was dressed as a bride in red lehenga with golden embroidery work and stones studded heavy blouse along with the dupatta over my head.

"Ma Sha Allah! My daughter have grown up to be so pretty" mamma told with teary eyes.

"I agree..Ma Sha Allah,She is looking younger version of you begum" Abbu complimented me and ammi.

"It feels like yesterday you were born and today you'll be leaving to other home."
They were looking at me with mixed emotions. Happy for my wedding and sad for seeing me off. I just hugged them without saying anything .

Someone called them downstairs where nikah was to be held and I couldn't hear the qawwalis which was banging in my ears since an hour.

I told sidra who was with me all the time 'I feel something's not right we should go and check out.'

As I walked down I noticed, Abbu was sitting on dining table folding his elbow and his hand on face, the gesture people do when they are really upset. Mamma was standing beside him with tears in her eyes keeping a hand on abbu's shoulder consoling him.

I went near them to know what made them this upset and they burst out crying and apologizing.

"Forgive us beta" that was all they could say.

I looked around at my so called relatives who were not taking any effort to console my parents. I spotted asad's mother there. Her head was lowered as if she committed a crime.

I asked her what's wrong? What made my parents this sad. She handed me a letter from asad where it was written,

Dear madiha,

Firstly, I am very sorry I had to do this. I can't marry you because I love someone else. I know this is not the right time to do this but it's just that I realized my love very late for her.

I don't want to bind you in a loveless marriage where I can't give you the things which you deserve. I am ashamed of myself because with this I ll be hurting my family as well as yours. But today's sorrow is better than tomorrow's regret.