HIM

Note - true story.

Poor kids! Ab kya hoga inka....kaise rahenge aage...!

Allah khair kare...!

Ladkiya hai...kaise badhi hongi?

These were the talks people murmuring at my mom's funeral, when I was just 2 year old.

"I will take care of my siblings, I don't need fake sympathy from anyone." Said my sister Aqeela aapa. She was just 16 years old at that time.

We lost our father when I was 6 months old and now we lost our mom when I was 2 year old. All our so called relatives were showing fake sympathy nobody wanted to help us. The property which were ours was overtook by some of our cruel relatives and we were unaware of it.I was a Toddler who just learnt the word 'mom' and lost her.

My sister Aqeela aapa took our(me- Amena ,another sister rehana and Fayaz bhai) responsibility who were few years younger than them.
Luckily one of our uncles was kind enough to let us live with them. We were not allowed to take more than one roti at a time because that would cost allot to them I guess or they didn't want to spend on us I never knew.

Soon Aapa joined a part time job and tried her best to provide us necessities. Not once she looked after herself, she lived for us. Life was passing by like that

"Why don't you buy a watch for yourself? You got fifteen minutes late miss.Aqeela?" Her HOD asked her once.

"Sorry sir...I won't be late next time. And the thing about not buying a watch is that with the amount of watch..I can buy something for my kids". She replied sincerely.

"Your kids? I thought you were unmarried miss?"

"Yes sir! I am unmarried but I have three kids...I mean my siblings are my kids." She replied.

This would be her answer when anyone would ask about her hardwork. She was extremely beautiful along with beautiful nature. Any guy in our area would lose heart to her looks but she never paid any heed to them and looked after us.

Later on she got married to Amjad bhai who loved her at first sight. When he proposed her she denied because she didn't want to get married until she settles us. But Amjad bhai was kind enough that melted my Aapa's heart. He loved us like his siblings and allowed her to pay for our needs after marriage too.

After few years of struggle we were able to live a stable life and one fine day changed my life. My close friend Fareeda came to pick me up for her brother's wedding.

"Come amena... we'll have lots of fun! Please my dear" She requested me.

But I wasn't interested because I didn't like dressing up and make up.
I have always been a Tom boy, I use to play with guys in my area , riding cycle, flying kites etc were my hobbies quite unusual in those days.

"No Farro... Firstly I don't have anything nice to wear and secondly I don't like dressing up...you know this well" I said.

"No issues ammu...I ll help you get ready and about the dress...I ll manage..You just say yes and come with me" She insisted and took me with her after taking our uncle's permission with whom we were living.

The wedding arrangements were fabulous, we had lots of fun and most importantly I was looking like a girl when Fareeda did my makeover I didn't recognise myself. I was fair skinned slim girl with a mole on my right cheek.

One day later of the wedding...two ladies came over our home and asked about me to our uncle Hakeem. I was shocked because they were asking for my proposal because they liked me allot at the wedding. One was guy's mother and one sister. They talked for a while and left.