💝

Madiha PoV -

Everything was going normal,me thinking about zain most of the time. He stealing glances of me and while playing the game I realized that I told shayri with my thoughts wandering around him.
.............

Today was a long day at college, I thought to sleep early today but abbu asked me to come to their room as he wanted to 'have a talk'.

As I entered, ammi and abbu sat in front of me and asked

"Madiha beta, as you are our  only daughter, you mean world to us . We love you so much that words couldn't express."

"I know that abbu ji, I too love you both to the moon and the back. What's the matter? You people are scaring me.. Is everything ok?"

"Haan beta... Everything's good! We just wanted to know if you have someone in your mind?"

I was numb for few seconds.

(jee abbu! I have someone in my mind who doesn't give a damm)

"No abbu... There's no one that I am seeing or thinking about". I told being hesitant.

"We expected the same sweetheart, Actually we have got a proposal for you... And we want you to consider it"

"Remember, I made you meet Mrs. Ahmed at sara's wedding... She asked for your hand for her second son Asad. We don't want to force you for this.. Though we liked the proposal but it's your wish that we wanted to know. You are free to choose afterall you'll be the one spending life with him. We just want your happiness "ammi told.

I was spellbound. What to do now... My heart wants zain (and he doesn't want you my conscience spoked)
Also I can't deny as ammi abbu are my life, they did so much for me till date. Everything  I wished for was given to me before I could ask for it. That hopeful look on ammi and abbu's face made me say this.

"I am okay with whatever you two decide. I know you will get the best of everything for me. If you think I'll be happy with this then I trust you both. It's a yes from me."

"I knew it, our little girl will never say no to us. You have always made us proud of you beti". Ammi and abbu smiled with tears.

I got a family hug then, Alhamdulillah seeing your parents smile is one of the best feeling in the world. (Mark my words)

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Later that day, I told about this 'proposal thing' to sidra in our college. She took a minute to digest this and the very first thing she asked me was

"Are you happy with this?"

Arrgh! Why these bestie's have to know everything about us better than ourselves.

"Yes sid! My parents have chosen this for me and they can be never wrong." I gave a small smile at her.

"If you say so.. Let me know if there's anything that bothers you". Then we went back to our respective classes.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

At night, while chatting about random things sid told that zain is leaving tomorrow morning. I don't know why it pained me and I felt something on my cheeks.

Oh yeah! I was crying, and I didn't want this to happen. I want him to stay and hold my hand.

Kismat ki lakeerein khud nahi likhi jaati...

Yeh tho hamari taqdeerein hai jo bewaqt badli nahi jaati...

At morning, I couldn't stop myself from having a last look of zain that could help me move on with my life. But one look at his eyes which told so many untold words.

Kehte kyu nahi jo nazrein bayan karti hai..

Aapki yeh khamoshi kisi ki jaan bhi le sakti hai..

Saying so I moved to sidra's room. As soon as I greeted her she got that I cried and started interrogating like a CBI officer.

I calmed her saying , my engagement is fixed for coming Saturday and it's just that after marriage I have to leave ammi abbu that's why I got a bit emotional yesterday.
(Though lying is a very bad thing but I had to, I can't tell her hey sid! I feel for your bro and  I guess he doesn't feel the same way so I was crying... Can I? The answer is absolutely no)

She wasn't convinced much still I tried my best to change the topic and for a change we went to shopping.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Zain PoV -

Alhamdulillah! I reached safely to UK and as expected my buddy Sumair was there to receive me. He is my employee plus a good friend of mine.

"welcome back hero!" Sumair welcomed me in his usual manner and yes he likes calling me hero rather than by my name.

"Assalamualaikum Sumair! Missed you buddy" I hugged him manly.

"walekumassalam... Yeah yeah! I know how much you missed me." (Note the sarcasm)
Have some rest today and tomorrow we have to meet Mr. Junaidi.

"Mr Junaidi...Okay" I sighed.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
While driving car towards Mr. Junaidi's office I remembered the promise I made the him few months ago . Before that let me tell you He is really a great man you'll ever meet. So kind and generous.

Flashback -

I got a call from Mr. Junaidi's office for a meeting as we were business partners and he has done allot for me.

After the meeting, we were discussing the benefits of deal and he asked

"what are your future plans zain?"

"Yes sir! As we got the deal sealed with Khans. Now I am thinking we should bind a project with Mir's firm too, that will be very beneficial for our business."

He smiled and said "I am not asking about business my son... I am asking about your personal life as in your future"

"I haven't given a thought to this one sir yet"  I gave a shy smile.

"Oh! I see...I know your parents aren't here anymore. If they were here I would have talked to them but for now I think I ll ask you directly. Will you  marry my daughter Alina? She is in her final year of studies and I think I won't be able to find a guy better than you for this"

"Sir.. But I mean how can I... I didn't think about this and suddenly how can I decide."

"Take your time son, I ll be waiting for your yes".

Later that day I talked to choti ammi about this matter and she said that it's me who has to spend life and it should be my own decision, she'll support whatever I choose.

I can't deny the fact that Mr. Junaidi has been very generous with me. He have always guided me to right way. Trained me in business and I didn't have the family here but he was like a family to me. Without taking much time I decided to meet him again.

"Sir, It's a yes from me."

"I knew it son, you will never disappoint me and what's this sir. Start calling me dad from now. I hope you'll keep my daughter happy and stay on your words".

"I promise sir... Arrgh.. I mean dad I ll be on my words In Sha Allah".

Hearing this, he hugged me as if a huge burden was removed from his heart.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

So, this was zain's promise and here madiha is engaged to asad. Their untold feelings were hidden in their hearts.

Is it their fault or it's their destiny? Who knows...

To be continued...

Hope you liked this chapter.
Fe'amanillah!