Ch. 16

currently giving out cookies to whoever remembers which 2019 movie this song is from 👀.
this plot is so fucking messy i'm really sorry but please bear with me (i'm a fool). be prepared for the introduction of even more characters :).

 be prepared for the introduction of even more characters :)

"When you said it was wrong,

even if there is a right.

Now I can only dream about you holding me tight.

Can you hold me tight?"

-

The smooth voice of Frank Sinatra filled the reserved area of the funeral reception.

Your grandfather's wish was for others to celebrate his passing--not mourn over it. And, that was exactly what your family did. The hundreds of attendees snacked on Jin's favorite foods, sipped his favorite drinks, and swayed to his favorite music. As you stood by yourself near the backdoor, you realized that many of the people looked merry and content, as if your grandfather never left and there was no problem in the world.

"Hey."

You turned to face Kevin, who just arrived at the reception. He gave you a small smile and pulled you in for a hug. "You good?"

Biting your lip and blinking rapidly to fight back tears from streaming down your face, you replied, "Y-yeah, I'm fine." Kevin pulled away slowly and studied your expression. One thing was certain for him--you were anything but okay. Nonetheless, he rested his arm on your shoulder and walked with you inside the building.

The two of you passed by Hwall and Younghoon. They were accompanied with another person, one who you were not familiar with. The three young men walked up to you, Younghoon placing a hand on Kevin's arm to stop him from walking any further.

Hwall politely nodded at you and said, "My condolences, (Y/N). I'm truly sorry about your grandfather's passing." You gave him a weak smile in response, "You don't need to apologize. Grandpa doesn't want anyone sad today, so please, enjoy."

Younghoon pursed his lips in worry. Though your first impression of him was stone cold and cunning, his emotion was evidently genuine. "I know what it's like to lose a loved one." Your eyes met his faraway ones. "My grandfather, Kyungsoo, passed away when I was young. He died in the line of duty, and I... I still miss him to this day."

A moment of silence passed between you and Younghoon--only the two of you understood each other.

The quiet passed when the music changed.

"Kiss me once, then kiss me twice

Then kiss me once again

It's been a long, long time"