Ch. 24

-

-

"And up until now I've sworn to myself,

that I'm content with loneliness.

Because none of it was ever worth the risk.

Well, you are the only exception."

-

You couldn't believe your ears.

Traitors?

To NCT?

Narrowing your eyes at the rather randomly-selected group of young men, you said, "If you guys are lying to me and this is just a trick to catch me--" But Taeyong cut you off almost forcefully, "(Y/N), if this was all bullshit, why else would we be hidden in a bookcase room like Anne Frank? We're risking our lives here because our family is fucked up. It has been for so long, and we've decided to attempt to change it. You're our only hope."

His response was so stable and passionate. You knew without a doubt that Taeyong was serious. The fiery look in his eyes countered your hesitation even further. You paused before asking,
"S-So you're all related?"

They looked at one another with disgust, and turned back to you, nodding. Johnny crossed his arms and shook his head. "Unfortunately, most of us are either cousins or brothers." Wow, you thought, this is an even bigger family than my own.

Your mind strayed back to the enormous family tree on the first floor. Then you realized that Yuta and Winwin are partners. Sweet home Alabama? You doubted it; it's 2019 for crying out loud. Before you could ask a stupid question about possible incest, Mark saved you from the embarrassment, hurriedly exclaiming, "Some of us are originally from our brother syndicate, WayV." The young man gestured to Ten and Winwin, "They just joined NCT for the ally benefits, but Yuta was specially recruited from Osaka."

The said man grinned widely and hugged Winwin from behind. "It's because I'm special!"

Mark and Johnny made fake gagging noises at Yuta's attempted cuteness. Ten scoffed at him. Sipping his orange juice yet again he raised his eyebrows and said, "You're not special, dumbass. You were literally imported from Japan."

Even Yuta's boyfriend snickered, thus, earning a glare from his lover. Jisung frowned upon hearing the word, "Japan", and proceeded to search for the country name within his manga. As the other boys laughed their asses off while Ten and Yuta bickered with each other, your curiosity was increasing about something else. Mainly because you wanted to find out what he was reading. Unfortunately, the boy's hands were hiding the cover of the book, preventing you from seeing the title.